NAUI offers OW and EANx combo course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This morning, I was browsing NAUI's new website and noticed that they now offered a combo-course whereby a student can get both Scuba Diver and EANx certificate simultaneously. Many have suggested that Nitrox should be included with a basic Open Water training. It appears that NAUI at least gives the student a cost break when the two are purchased together.

Scuba Diver & EANx Diver (RGBM): Premier NES

NAUI doesn’t give anyone a cost break...the independent shop or instructor sets their own price.

And in my opinion, 270 dollars for just the textbook and e learning is rediculous.

Yeah shops or instructors give the discounts. With my SDI OW I did nitrox for $70 which was half off. They didn’t skimp on the coruse either. Used nitrox for our OW dives and where made to plan dives and show we knew MOD and understood what nitrox intailed.

NAUI doesn’t give anyone a cost break...the independent shop or instructor sets their own price.

I like the independent nature of NAUI instructors in that they are usually free of LDS entanglements. Also that NAUI allows instructors to set their own course prices depending upon the circumstances of the class.

I will have to say that in comparing prices with PADI or SSI, it does appear that NAUI has more flexibility, lower administration costs, and should achieve the same, high quality results with lower total training costs. I have also noticed that SSI also offers a combined OW and EANx course. I may have missed it, but I could not find a combined course with PADI. I did not look at other training agencies.

And in my opinion, 270 dollars for just the textbook and e learning is rediculous.

We agree on that point; however, that price does seem to include NAUI Scuba Diver textbook with e-code, Nitrox Diver textbook with e-code, NAUI dive table, NAUI Enriched Air Nitrox 32 and 36 tables, Scuba Diver / Nitrox Diver logbook course pages, NAUI student record folder and plastic as well as digital certification cards. Is that correct?

It also appears that if you are not so inclined to want to own the textbooks, the dive tables, or a plastic certification card, you can get the same results with the digital only course for $129. The plastic cards will be an additional $25 each, should you want them. The digital cards seem to be included with completion of the course.

Since you are an instructor, what supplies do you provide and how do you organize and execute your training?

many instructors have been certifying as "nitrox diver" for many years. It's nothing new with NAUI. Our program has been doing it for at least 15 years. We issue one card, one cert for all of our new divers

If you are inclined to do e learning, cool. Still going to do classroom work and a paper test. The problem I have with e learning and testing is this: I’m active duty military. I have seen how you can do online courses and pass the test without actually knowing jack squat...more so, someone else can do it for you.

When I was actively teaching, My OW course was $600. You got the text, tables, cert card if you pass. This included nitrox certification...because honestly, nitrox isn’t rocket science.

because honestly, nitrox isn’t rocket science.
Often confused, but it's actually sub-marine science. :D

I think NASE is offering a deal on the elearning NitrOx/OW.

science is a loose term...mathematics is really what a nitrox course requires...6th grade mathematics at that.

Back
Top Bottom