Nauticam be CMC macro lens and zeiss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlutzer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just announced Nauticam has released he new CMC macro +15 diopter specificly for compact and mirrorless set ups! i am super curious to see how it performs with the Zeiss touit 50 and my nex 7. Anyone planing on getting it? Thoughts??

The CMC Has Arrived

Backscatter is already selling it at a wallet crushing $320 usd. A bit much for an add on lens, but I guess the cost of excellence ain't cheep.

I use the SMC for my a6000/Zeiss 50 with very nice results. The issue I see with the Zeiss is that the working distance is only 10 mm, not very far from the port.
Bill

Still cheaper than the SMC and more powerful. Will have to wait on one of those comparisons review (hopefully between the inon ucl and subsee range).

I use the SMC for my a6000/Zeiss 50 with very nice results. The issue I see with the Zeiss is that the working distance is only 10 mm, not very far from the port.
Bill

How is the the zeiss with the smc distance wise?

How is the the zeiss with the smc distance wise?

Dlutzer, have you thought about getting the Sony 90mm macro lens when it comes out? You'll have a lot more working distance with or without a macro lens. I'm pretty excited to try them out. - Scott Gietler

I have been thinking about it for sure. Do we know if nauticam is building a port for it for the Nex system? Also I am a bit concerned with the size of the 90. And would the CMC work well with the 90 or would I then need the SMC? I think the distance gained with the 90 would be great however then you lose some of the portrait ability on a dive and your shooting becomes much more limited.

Yeh I feel the same about the 90mm.

Back
Top Bottom