Nauticam be CMC macro lens and zeiss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the working distance only 10mm. Can you go out further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to go to NauticamUSA.com and look at the test charts for your camera sensor size and the lens you are using.

I have used the CMC-1 with the Olympus E-M1 and the Olympus 60mm macro lens a (120mm 35mm equiv.) At 1:1 the image is 17.3 mm on the long side with the CMC-1 at 1:1 the image size is 9mm on the long side.

Native working distance is about 98mm (3.85 inches) and with the CMC-1 it is about 22mm (.866 inches) and 2:1.

I have also used the SAGA +15 lens with the same camera and lens, with that C/U lens working distance is reduced to around 12-15mm or around (.5 inches). This may not seem like much but it makes a big difference with lighting and some subjects.

If you invest in the Sony 90mm macro I would think you would be better off with SMC than with CMC. This way if you upgrade from ASP-C to the full frame A7 line you won't need to upgrade C/U lenses later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom