Nauticam NA-EM5 housing for OMD E-M5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Bruce,

I think you will find much more interest in moving ports like the Zen 8 mm fisheye and 7-14 port from the Olympus PEN system to the Nauticam housings than you would find going the other way with the Nauticam ports, although both would be nice.

All of the Nauticam adapters are for bringing other housing makers ports to Nauticam housings to reduce the cost of crossing over to a new Nauticam system like going from Pen to NA-EM5. To bad the Zen ports are really nice.

Phil Rudin

Hi Bruce,
All of the Nauticam adapters are for bringing other housing makers ports to Nauticam housings to reduce the cost of crossing over to a new Nauticam system like going from Pen to NA-EM5. To bad the Zen ports are really nice.

Phil Rudin

Hi Phil,
Silly of me, I should have realised that. Oh well, wishful thinking. . .
Have you heard any news of an update for the Pen system in the pipeline?
Bruce

If you were to use an EM5 to shoot wrecks, which lens would you choose for W/A? My concerns are that the 7 - 14 zoom might be a bit slow, the Olympus 12mm might not be quite wide enough and defishing a fish eye is going to lose some IQ and make composition rather difficult.

Tim

If you were to use an EM5 to shoot wrecks, which lens would you choose for W/A? My concerns are that the 7 - 14 zoom might be a bit slow, the Olympus 12mm might not be quite wide enough and defishing a fish eye is going to lose some IQ and make composition rather difficult.

Tim
Panasonic 8 mm ...:blinking:

I sent an inquiry to Nauticam asking about them making an adapter to allow ZEN PEN Domes to fit Nauticam NA-EM5 housing. Will post reply once I receive one. Really want the NA-EM5, but can't afford it and new ports at this time when I already own ZEN ports that funtion well with E-PL1 in Oly housing. The port they are making for the 12-50mm lens sound intriguing and I hope someone will test it out for us.

Just received an email stating I'll receive the Silver E-M5 with 12-50 kit lens I ordered at lunch on Friday 29June on either Tuesday July 3rd or Thursday July 5th. That's pretty darn considering it wasn't in stock when I ordered it and had a original estimated date for delivery in August.

"while a threaded bulkhead port allows for an HDMI or electrical strobe synch bulkhead installation – advanced features often omitted by mirrorless housing manufacturers"

Hmmmmm....

Does this mean we can use Ikelite strobes with this camera/housing/rig?
Any idea what it would cost to get a bulkhead installed?
I'm wondering how/if it is done on other Nauticam housings?

Hi Tim,

My choice for wrecks would be the Panasonic 7-14 zoom over the 8mm fisheye and the excellent Olympus 12mm which is as you say a bit narrow for many wreck photos.

Look in the Panasonic forum at the 7-14mm thread for my comments and photos with that lens.

Hi Joe,

Ikelite strobes could be used with the proper bulkhead and cord, Nikonos V would be one choice. TTL is another issue.

Nauticam Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead and hotshoe connection is $110.00 and I would guess could be owner installed with a proper PSI test after.

Other Nauticam housings for DSLR's and the Sony NEX-7 also offer this feature.

Phil Rudin

Emailed this to Nauticam over the weekend:
Will Nauticam offer an adapter to allow Zen 8 mm fisheye and 7-14 mm wideangle port from the Olympus PEN housing system to mate with the Nauticam housings?
Have been using E-PL1 in an Oly PT housing for the past two years, and own two expensive ZEN Dome M4/3 ports that fit the Oly housing so I could use my Panasonic 7-14mm WA M4/3 lens and Panasonic 8mm FE M4/3 lens. These ZEN dome ports cost a lot of money. I really want to get a NA-EM5 housing for the E-M5 camera I just ordered, and be able to continue using my ZEN Domes.

And received this reply from Nauticam today:
We are definitely considering an adapter. Thank you for the input!

Regards,
Nauticam USA
Email: innovation@nauticamusa.com

Does anyone know if I can use the 4.33" dome from my NANEX5n on this housing?

edit: I want to use it with the 12mm f/2

Last edited:
Yes we can, I used port #36125 for the NEX cameras on this review for the Olympus 12mm on the E-PL-3 in Nauticam housing NA-EPL3, http://www.nauticamusa.com/nusa/category/olympus-e-pl3

This is a reprint from an article for Underwater Photography Magazine.

The 4.33 inch port for Olympus is #36132 and it is designed for use with the Panasonic 8mm fisheye, where the #36125 NEX port is designed for the Sony 16mm with W/A and fisheye adapters as well as other lenses.

Phil Rudin

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom