NC Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spent a week diving with Capt Terry and Discovery Dive. Cant say enough about the expirence. Did 3 dives most days (2 on 2 days due to conditions). Got to dive the U352 on our first day out, what a treat. Our group of 9 from Hollywood Divers got bounced around on several days and had long rides out to certain wrecks but it was more than worth the effort. We were treated to water like glass on Tues (and were made to pay for that for the conditions on Weds). Capt Terry and crew were outstanding. Our group could sit and listen to his stories for hours (and sometimes did during our SIs). Fantastic week.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like many divers have expected easy diving in North Carolina and were surprised by what they found, so I appreciate the warnings. I should have posted that I was aware of the long boat rides, rough conditions and required level of experience prior to posting. Based on my diving experience and preferences, NC sounds like the perfect place but I'll be certain to do a dive closer to shore to start. It means a lot that locals are willing to provide such great information to strangers.

The dive operators I’ve contacted all have spots open on their boats over the 4th. I’m leaning towards either Olympus and Discovery, but I’ll look into the other recommended operators. Look forward to diving with everyone down the road.

What are peoples favorite dive sites?

I had a special dive on the Ashkhabad. I can't really put it into words but it was the most hypnotic, enjoyable 50 minutes of my diving trip.
LOOKING_UP_from_THE_ASHKHABAD_60FSW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom