NC/VA Coast Trip in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you guys bought boat tickets for this dive? I'd probably be up for it.

Not yet...I am waiting to hear from Rolf since the trip was his idea. I will post and let you know as soon as I hear something from him...hopefully tonight..

The Columbus Day weekend dives sound wonderful and a good match for my skills. Unfortunately ;-0 I already have committed to some other plans, and cannot join you.

As for September 29th, I am open, but undecided. The main reason is me being a tad wary because of combinations of these factors: it looks like a challenging dive (a 120 footer), my limited experience, and the new crowd (read: unfamiliar buddy)…

Perhaps, it’s a good time to introduce myself. The name is Mikhail, 29, started diving a little over a year ago, AOWD & Nitrox certified.

Taking a Wreck class this coming weekend, and will be trying steel tanks (HP100) for the first time. :D

In case I don’t make it on September 29th, I do hope to dive with you some time soon. I do that not nearly as often as I would like too… Any of you guys, ever go to or consider Delaware wrecks? Those are quite interesting, and it is less than 3 hours drive to the boat (Surface Interval ). My very first boat dive was with them. I was a bit nervous, got slightly seasick :wink: and despite of all that still had a blast diving there. :)

Taking a Wreck class this coming weekend, and will be trying steel tanks (HP100) for the first time.
Will you be at Millbrook? If so, Ken and I will be there too.

Any of you guys, ever go to or consider Delaware wrecks? Those are quite interesting, and it is less than 3 hours drive to the boat (Surface Interval ). My very first boat dive was with them. I was a bit nervous, got slightly seasick and despite of all that still had a blast diving there.
Rolf has dove with Surface Interval before and his take was that for us (right near DC) the drive is about the same there vs. VA beach...he said VA beach was tons better as far as temps, vis, and wrecks. I would still like to go out with them though...let me know next time you go and I may join you.

As far as the buddy thing goes, we can do some quarry dives together sometime and everyone can get to know each other and feel each other out.

Welcome Lemonade!

I've been diving about 4 months. (AOW/Nitrox, looks like I'll prolly be doing rescue Oct 19/20) Been trying to get out diving as much as I can. I'll prolly be up at Millbrook on Saturday as well -- you should stop by if you get a chance!

...the Wreck class is.

I'm considering taking Rescue class in October too. Maybe I'll meet you guys then. :)

O-ring -- the instructor you recomended said he would probably do rescue that weekend.

Lemmonade -- you interseted in possibly taking rescue with me? O-ring says the instructor is pretty good.

Lemmonade -- you interseted in possibly taking rescue with me? O-ring says the instructor is pretty good.

I have taken PADI classes from a few different instructors and he is definitely the most squared away of the bunch I have met in the DC area. He does a lot of technical diving and doesn't just spend all his time at the quarry...you can ask him pretty much anything and he will have an answer for you.

Ken knows him too....I actually met him through Ken..

So far, I've been in luck, all my instructors were absolutely excellent. There is no reason whatsoever to try somebody new. But if the class is taught by someone who I don't know anyway, then I'll consider your guy :)

I'll check with the shop, see who the instructor is and where the dives are going to be....

Bob B.
Bill W.
Matt V.
Kevin S.
Eric S.
Guilhem M.
Nicole P.
Eric D.

Back
Top Bottom