NCR Texas Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett:
Martha, were you there this weekend? The class was so big, I didn't catch everyone's name.

I did submit a suggestion that classes should be smaller and more organized. Also to generate some laminated maps of the springs with compass coordinates to help navigation.

Although, if disorganization is what cause the last dive on Saturday to be a night dive, then its ok with me. That was probably my favorite part of the class :)

Yep, I was there. I was the one that asked you and your girlfriend if you were "official" Swampers, while we were trying to warm up by the lights.

The instructors did mention that they normally don't have that many people in a class, but they never mentioned what the class size is supposed to be limited to. As far as the night dive is concerned, I enjoyed the dive, I just didn't enjoy how crowded it was and I didn't enjoy freezing my *** off waiting for the third group to finish before the tour began. I was under the impression that once your group finished testing, you'd go on the tour... Anyway, I still thought it was great and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that is interested.

I was in the class with you all as well (I'm Dan, AKA Martha's husband). It was good to meet all of you. I believe there was as least one other guy there from this forum, but I did not catch his name.

This is Linda, and I was there with you guys this weekend.

The class was enjoyable and informative, well worth the cost. It was a little crowded, and I got quite cool waiting around in a wet wetsuit for the night tour (air temp was 55 at the most). Once we all got in the 72 degree water with our lights on, it was worth it.

I enjoyed meeting you, too. I'm going to volunteer for sometime in December. Maybe I'll see you guys there :)

Last February when I took the course it was very cold. And after doing the bouncy check we but out wetsuits and booties on the floor board of the truck with the heater on. Then right before we got in the water we went and put them on.

Sunday morning it was 26 degree so we hurried and got in the water. We hung our wetsuits above the heat in the hotel room that morning so they would be good and dry.

Michael
Sweeny, TX

Martha, I'm sorry, I remember now. It was nice meeting and diving with you and Dan. The same goes for you Linda.

I'd like to get back down there to volunteer soon. Maybe we can make a reunion out of it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom