NE Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Scott

Instructor, Scuba
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been reading here for a few days so I think its about time to post my introduction.

My name is Scott and I am currently in Grayslake, IL though I don't know for how much longer.

I completed my OW course in May 1994 in an Alabama Quarry, did lots of Florida diving--Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, Keys... and dove some more quarrys.

I completed AOW in the Philippines in May 1995 and I am pretty much spoiled for diving anywhere else now. That was probably the best diving anywhere. I had fresh lobster just about every evening after my night dive/hunt.

Back to Florida... lots more diving there--Vortex, Panama City, Destin
Nov 1995 - TDI Nitrox

Dec 97 - Completed Rescue cert. at Guppy Gulch in PA. Did a new years day dive there too 1-1-98. Nice and icy--big change from Philippines.

Moved again....

Found Lake Rawlings, VA. Several dives there.

Moved again....

Did some diving in South Carolina that I didn't bother logging for some reason.

Moved again....

In Illinois now. Haven't done any diving here yet. I just made a terrible discovery--My wetsuit shrunk over the winter! (Maybe I should dive dry here anyway).

I looked in to DM training here. THE INSURANCE IS HOW MUCH?!?!?!
My liability insurance as a PILOT is less than that! Looks like I won't be a DM any time soon.

Looking forward to getting to know some people here and maybe even go on a dive or two before I move again.
(Yes, Ladies--I'm single) :)

Scott

Platypus once bubbled...
How often do you come to FL?

It has been a while but I was going to try to make a trip this summer. Most of my past Florida diving was when I lived there or in Alabama.
Any recommendations on a good dive spot? (Like one would be hard to find in FL :) )

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom