Near Oswego/Syracuse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Lafayette (which is outside of Syracuse). Where in the Finger Lakes do you do the dive thing?

Rochester here, but grew up in Syracuse (Liverpool and Clay). Considering the closest shore diving access for me is at least an hour away in either an East or West direction, I'd be willing to come out Auburn way. Could stop by and visit some family still in the 'Cuse.

I hope to be in that are (Fair Haven/Wolcott near Auburn) near the end of June. I'm hoping to get some diving in.

We (the Club) typically dive ever Weds night during the summer. (you need not be a club member but you will have to check out the website for information www.auburnskindivers.org
or meet us for one of our many weekend events.

Sorry this sounds too much like a sales pitch, it isn't.

ohmdiver:
Mostly Skeanatles, Ever hear of the Auburn Skin Divers?

:shakeheadNope can't say that I have. I will be checking out your website...Skaneateles is only about 40 minutes from me! :)

where do you do your club dives? What kind of dives are they (shore or boat)?

We do it all. We dive mostly boat in Skeanatlas and Cayuga lakes We also have members with camps that we shore dive from. A local dive shop also runs a boat on Skeanatlas.

Most of the dives are for fun, there just isn't a lot of wrecks there. The geology is very cool when you relize that most of it was from a glacier. Skeanatlas is also home to fossilized stag horn coral. We find tons of it ever year. The thought is at the time of the last Ice age the area was salt water. In came the glacier and dumped all this fresh water and now we have fossils.

We are trying to do more in lake Ontario too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom