Need a new LDS--middle GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobinG

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I have moved to central Georgia (near Macon) and need a good LDS to get gear serviced (ScubaPro and Sherwood regs). My very favorite shop of all time is 4 hours from here--a little too far since they are not open on weekends.

Please don't suggest the large shop on the interstate as friends have had bad experiences there.

Thanks
Robin

Then you're pretty much out of luck . . .

the K

Apologies if you work there...but anyone else know of any dive shops in middle GA?

Nope, don't work there. It's just that there aren't that many dive shops in the area.

You may want to check in Warner Robins or Fort Valley, and perhaps Forsythe, but I'm relatively sure there aren't any in Milledgeville, Gray, Eatonton, Jeffersonville, Byron, Winterville or any of the other neighboring locales.

the K

Adventure Dive Center in Albany (about two hours from services Scubapro) Columbus has a Scubapro dealer but I am not sure of the name. There is a diver in Columbus who posts on cavediver.net named Sludge who services scubapro who may be able to help you. I am not sure who services Sherwood in the area though. You may want to check the dealer listings for Scubapro and Sherwood. Other than these, you may want to try an Atlanta shop. Good luck.

I live in Bonaire, GA---just outside of Warner Robins. Divers Supply is pretty much it in our area. There is a small dive shop down in Dublin but I cant remember the name. I shop some at Divers Supply, and they do have great prices. I had an issue with one of the owner's sons trying to charge me full price for an item when we had agreed he would charge me the internet price. Good prices, but keep your EYE on them as they are ringing up the cash register (if you know what I mean). If you need "quality" I would check out the Atlanta shops. Atlanta is just 1.5 hours and I'm sure the selection up there is much better.

peachtree dive center in peachtree city is outstanding, its probably an hour away

Also in Stockbridge, GA there is Wet Set Scuba. Easy to get to from I-75 or I-675. Bruce Brown is the owner. Very nice guy. I get my Scubapro's serviced there. His prices are "typical". Not in the range of Divers Supply but very typical for a Scubapro / Aqualung shop. He is very good too.

If you go there, tell him Jeremy said hello!

J:

Don't be so quick to rule out Divers Supply. They are a good shop but sometimes have problems-- too many chiefs and not enough indians! They are your best bet for buying gear at good prices and having quality behind it, but they are a bunch of southern guys!

If you want travel and advanced training you should head into Atlanta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom