Need advice on Cozumel dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_n_tacoma

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

We are going to Cozumel in March 2007. We've already found a place to stay and want to do some dive trips with local operators. We are both newly open water certified (5 dives) and probably will take the advanced open water class at the end of this month (Sept 06) and then get a few more dives in after that up here in Puget Sound before our trip.

We would like to find a dive operator that can work with a couple novice divers, get us to where we can see some fun things, intro us into drift diving there and try to tailor the first days dives to our level.

I know lots of you have been and have recommendations, so I'm counting on you for some advice. I can follow up your questions too.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

second that, she is also a Scuba Board regular!

Look forward to a great time getting wet in Cozumel! We were there March 06 and enjoyed 12 dives over our 10 day stay. If you go to a site - Cozumel insider - you will find a comprehensive listing of dive operators. Christy is well known and loved by SB members and for good reasons I'm sure. Most established dive operators will guage your behavior/experience and prepare you for your first dive - which will probably be 80 - 100 feet and AWSOME!! If you are a newbie - consider an operator that has 100's available. If you are taking pictures or just getting started, the extra air will extend your bottom time for a mere $5!!!!! We dove with Sandro - DM from Deep Blue. Excellent DM and fairly priced.

Hate to sound like a broken record but you have been given good advice. Blue xt Sea is great. As newer divers they made us feel very comfortable and allowed us to enjoy our dives. Just relax and enjoy and you will be hooked like we are!

I just got back from my first trip to Cozumel. I stayed at Carribe Blue and dove with their shop Blue Angle. I have no real complaint about them they were pretty good and fairly cheap too. but after talking to other people who stayed at that same hotel while I was there I would probably dive with Blue XT sea next time. they picked them up at the dock, and either they were considerably better than blue angle or the people describing the dives were great story tellers.

There are almost 100 dive operators in Cozumel, and several of them have good reputations. BlueXT~Sea has to be the best dive operation that I've had the pleasure to dive with anywhere. Her dive masters are great at finding critters, and posess infinite patience.

Christi's restaurant list is my Cozumel bible! :D

Hate to say it, but we are another Christi and Blue XT Sea fan. We just booked for the week of 3/10-3/18, and I know she is already full the following week. The personal service, attention, and great staff are what keep us coming back.

We have also dove with Scuba Du - ended up on small boats the whole week - so that was fun as well.

As numerous other inquiries have stated, it really depends on what kind of diving and what priorities you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom