Need advice on Cozumel dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pleasan7:
You guessed it. This is just my 25th dive in so many years. I run through the air pretty fast. My husband on the other hand could have stayed down longer but he never complained at all. Husbands are often so sweet. He loved the coral canyons so no complaint on the scenery either. The other people on the boat were snorkeling so it did not mess anyone up. We all had a great time.
I hope you have a good dive - if you get down there Scubawife.
Carol

That's something I don't hear or see often - the wife being short on air before hubby. With time and practice you'll get better.

We go to Cozumel 2-3 times a year. Love it - the diving, the island, the people. It's just an all-around great dive vacation destination. This year we were there in Feb., I went on my own at the end of May and we're going back again in December.

In June 2004 my wife and I did our first post-certification dives in Cozumel. We were staying at the Fiesta Americana and since we didn't know any better we signed up to dive with the Dive House shop that operates out of the hotel. We found ourselves diving with a group of twelve divers each day. It was OK and the dive house was safe IMHO but it was our first and last "cattle boat" trip.

We've been back to Coz twice since then and both times dove with Christi and Blue XTSea. They have small "six-pack" boats and go to some really cool spots as well as the typical ones. Last May we went across the water to near Playa del Carmen (sp?) and did a dive that had over forty large turtles eating sponges on the bottom. Saw so many we all stopped pointing them out. We also went to the far south end of Cozumel and did a dive in the clearest water I have ever seen. Most dive ops don't want to go that far because of the time and gas. I highly recommend Blue XTSea.

Have a great trip,

Guy

Guy Carrier:
We also went to the far south end of Cozumel and did a dive in the clearest water I have ever seen. Most dive ops don't want to go that far because of the time and gas. I highly recommend Blue XTSea.

That's not really the way it is. Most ops will go far south if you ask them to.

Back
Top Bottom