Need Advice: Travel Agent for Truk/Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could be a little less expensive from the West Coast US via Manila Philippines, than thru Honolulu/Guam (Palau is the better flight/lodging/scuba package deal since it's a closer airline hop from Manila):

1 NIGHT MANILA & 7 NIGHTS TRUK
(WITH 5 DAYS DIVING) PACKAGE

From $1,513.00
Per Person

Booking Reference – SDP0706TRK1
Inclusions:
One (1) night Deluxe Room West Western Astor Hotel, Manila
Five (5) nights at Truk Stop Hotel, Truk
Return international airfare, Manila - Truk
All airport collections and transfers
Five (5) days diving with own equipment with Truk Lagoon Dive Center
Notes:
Prices are based on two (2) people sharing in a twin room.
Single occupancy price: From USD $1539.00
Nitrox use: USD $30.00 per day
Upgrades (twin share):
Ocean View Room add USD $35.00
Executive Room add USD $100.00
Non-scuba divers:
Standard Room: from USD $1,018.00
Standard Room (single occupancy): from USD $1,044.00
Non-scuba diver upgrades (twin share):
Ocean View Room add USD $35.00
Executive Room add USD $100.00

1 NIGHT MANILA & 10 NIGHTS TRUK
(WITH 8 DAYS DIVING) PACKAGE

From $1,990.00
Per Person

Booking Reference – SDP0706TRK2
Inclusions:
One (1) night Deluxe Room Best Western Astor Hotel, Manila
Ten (10) nights at Truk Stop Hotel, Truk
Return international airfare, Manila - Truk
Eight (8) days diving with own equipment with Truk Lagoon Dive Center
Notes:
Single occupancy price: From USD $2,544.00
Nitrox use: USD $30.00 per day
Upgrades (twin share):
Ocean View Room add USD $49.00
Executive Room add USD $143.00
Non-scuba divers:
Standard Room: from USD $1,198.00
Standard Room (single occupancy): from USD $1,752.00
Non-scuba diver upgrades (twin share):
Ocean View Room add USD $49.00
Executive Room add USD $143.00
_______
1 NIGHT MANILA & 5 NIGHTS PALAU
(WITH 3 DAYS UNLIMITED DIVING) PACKAGE

From $1,218.00
Per Person

Booking Reference – SDP0706PLA1
Inclusions:
One (1) night at Best Western Astor Hotel, Manila
Five (5) nights at West Plaza Hotel, Palau
Return international airfare, Manila - Koror (Palau)
Daily breakfast at hotel and resort
Three (3) days unlimited diving with own equipment or 3 days touring w/ Sam's Tours, Palau
Lunch and refreshments on dives and tours
Notes:
Single occupancy price: on application
For use of rental diving equipment add USD $30.00 per person
Nitrox use: free for EANx certified divers
Upgrades:
Rose Garden Resort add USD $72.00
Cliffside Hotel add USD $207.00
Palau Pacific Resort add USD $960.00

1 NIGHT MANILA & 7 NIGHTS PALAU
(WITH 5 DAYS UNLIMITED DIVING) PACKAGE

From $1,551.00
Per Person

Booking Reference – SDP0706PLA2
Inclusions:
One (1) night Deluxe Room Best Western Astor Hotel, Manila
Five (5) nights at West Plaza Hotel, Palau
Return international airfare, Manila - Koror (Palau)
Daily breakfast at hotel and resort
Five (5) days unlimited diving with own equipment or 5 days touring w/ Sam's Tours, Palau
Lunch and refreshments on dives and tours
Notes:
Single occupancy price: on application
For use of rental diving equipment add USD $60.00 per person
Nitrox use: free for EANx certified divers
Upgrades:
Rose Garden Resort add USD $109.00
Cliffside Hotel add USD $298.00
Palau Pacific Resort add USD $1,314.00

Manila hub/based travel agency (inquire via email if packages above are current):
Scuba Dive Philippines – Destinations – Truk, Micronesia
Scuba Dive Philippines – Destinations – Palau, Micronesia

Shop for roundtrip flights, Los Angeles to Manila for your time frame at:
Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Cheap Plane Tickets, Cheap Airfare ? CheapOair

Please also check with Will at World of Diving & Adventure Vacations - Scuba Diving, Island Vacations, Diving Packages, Live-Aboards, Adventure Travel for good airfare rates and dive packages. Look forward to seeing you in Palau!

+1 for Will. He handles all our trip arrangements & goes the extra mile every time. He probably wouldn't want you to know that he picked up the drink tab for our group at the hotel in LA on the overnight going to Palau last year so forget I mentioned that. 33 people (so far) going to Palau this year thru Will & come to think of it we're overnighting in Hawaii this time. He's smart too.

A few thoughts - where the second island is located will make a big difference in flights. For instance, Pohnpei is great for a week as I think it has better topside WWII as well as ancient history to see than Truk. Going there means the island hopper via Honolulu. Going to someplace like Yap or Palau means flying in and out of Guam multiple time.

Finally, IMHO using frequent fly miles for Micronesia is one of the best values possible.

We've used MDA in the past with good results. We're in Chuuk right now, and it was just a matter of booking our own flights and making arrangements through the dive operator. You don't really need a travel agent to make arrangements for you, it's a simple matter to do it yourself. We're staying at the Truk Stop, so lodging and dives are through them. This simplifies the arrangements you have to make. It would be the same with any other operator.

You don't really need an agent to book your vacation. It's very easy to do it yourself. Just contact the dive operator/hotel yourself and tell them what you want.

-Mitch

Although an agent can get yo some greaty discounts, especially on air fare, that you couldn't normally get on your own.

Hi Everyone!!!!
My husband and I are considering a trip to Fiji next year and I'm just beginning to research the island...
I did a bit of digging and heard that the island of Mamanucas was a good destination for divers....any feed back on the resorts and or the diving of this paradise?
We are looking for a smaller quiet all inclusive resort, with great service and of course-excellent onsite dive operators...for about 2 weeks thats in a midrange price....
also what time of year is the best time to travel to Fiji?
Thanks so much!
Nancy
Blauersart

I was in the Mamanucca Islands in 2004. We chartered a 50' sailboat (with captain, first mate and cook) and sailed from the main island over to the Mamanucca area, including Musket Cove, and then onto Mana Island area. At that time, it was about $350 pp per day. For the personalized service and basically your own hotel and crew, it was great. We sailed along and hooked up with the resorts in the area to dive with their operations. If you haven't went sailing this way, it was fantastic. Sailing during the day or diving, coming back to your prepared lunch of lobster and fish, after the dive boat drops you off at your boat. I could live that way for quite a while.

There is better diving in Fiji but we had some pretty good diving. Sites I remember diving are Gotham City, Supermarket. Very cool morays and batfish.

I only visited the resort islands there so I can't give a lot of info on the resort itself. The islands aren't that big so there isn't a lot of area. The majority of the tourists in that area were Japanese. We've had the best time with Japanese tourists as we've found them generally fun, considerate, and polite. Interestingly, at the time with about 12 dives, most in Monterey, I was the most experienced diver. I helped some realize you don't wear a wetsuit like a coat but form fitting. :) Makes a cold difference in Monterey. On the dive boat, one woman was looking terrified. She ended up going in but her male partner had a leak in his rental BC and so aborted the dive leaving her by herself. SInce I tend to dive as a team, I immediately told her to buddy up with my wife and I. You could see the relief on her face while we kept an eye on her. She was the one telling us about the moray following my fins for the second half of the dive. After the dive, I got a big hug and my wife was almost squeezed to death. :) My signature is in a dive log somewhere in Japan...

We went in early June to Taveuni and then Mamanucca's. It rains in Fiji. A lot. 6 days straight of horizontal rain in Taveuni, then overcast or gently raining for 60% of the Mamanucca part. IT doesn't seem to matter a whole lot when you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom