Need diver to recover GoPro Lake Whitney know exact location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txhockey

New
Reaction score
Lost a GoPro in Lake Whitney a few days ago and would need a diver to recover it. I know the 20sqft radius that it is in. Depth is 25-35ft and shouldn't take too long to find. $100 in compensation and is negotiable. Thanks in advance for the replies!

What part of the lake? I live by the lake. I'm not a scuba diver, just a snorkeler/ free diver, but could probably handle around 30' deep.

I would gladly make an attempt (no guarantees on this kind of thing) on a grid search but I would have to drive about 3 hours and have hotel/meals/etc. expenses on top of the recovery fee.

Have you tried your local, or surrounding area, fire dept. dive teams to see if a couple of divers would do some off-duty work? Since you haven't gotten much response from divers in your area that might be your best bet...if DFW Rusty is unavailable now.

Or contact the closest dive shop in your area.

bump any takers?

Wish I could help, live just down the road in Hillsboro, but got rid of my tanks several years ago, and the closest dive shop (if I could get them from there) is Arlington.

Hope you find someone, honestly I don't know any other divers in the general vicinity.

Any luck with this yet - in Dallas but sounds like a fun treasure hunt...

Lake Whitney

The good news is that the lake is about two feet lower than when you lost it, and there hasn't been a lot of inflow since that time.

Wish I could have helped. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom