Need fins that can move loads with currents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fins if you are willing to spend the bucks.
I also believe in SP jets in strong current.
I'm 63, slowing down, and not as strong as 30 yrs. ago,
But jets keep me moving when I'm really tired.

Quattros or Apollo Biofin Pro. These fins are available with large footpockets. Both types, although radically different, produce lots of thrust which is essential in current. The most bang for the effort would be the Biofin. Watch the Forcefin crowd. They are trying to overwhelm any discussions of swim fins on SB. Most tests of the Forcefin, including the doctored Navy test, show mediocre results. One exception is the Excellerator testing done by the Europeans which showed very good results. Scubalab does not like the Forcefin as far as I can tell. The owner of the FF company sued Rodales which ought to tell you something. Evans is missing a bet if he hasn't applied for tax-exempt status under the freedom of religion clause. I mean, donating fins to all those groups like Cousteau's foundation and so forth must eat into the bottom line. Of course, there is an advertising bonus in there somewhere. Wait, I think we just saw that on the prior page.

Quattros or Apollo Biofin Pro. These fins are available with large footpockets. Both types, although radically different, produce lots of thrust which is essential in current. The most bang for the effort would be the Biofin. Watch the Forcefin crowd. They are trying to overwhelm any discussions of swim fins on SB. Most tests of the Forcefin, including the doctored Navy test, show mediocre results. One exception is the Excellerator testing done by the Europeans which showed very good results. Scubalab does not like the Forcefin as far as I can tell. The owner of the FF company sued Rodales which ought to tell you something. Evans is missing a bet if he hasn't applied for tax-exempt status under the freedom of religion clause. I mean, donating fins to all those groups like Cousteau's foundation and so forth must eat into the bottom line. Of course, there is an advertising bonus in there somewhere. Wait, I think we just saw that on the prior page.

Talk about full of lies.... so where do I start.

Most tests of the Forcefin, including the doctored Navy test, show mediocre results.

actually the test stated they were the most efficient fin tested, but then you have never actually read those results. there was nothing doctored about that. And if you really believe that the University of Buffalo's School of Medicine would defraud the Department of the Navy on the results your smoking something and I highly encourage you to get a job with the GAO and prove it.

Scubalab does not like the Forcefin as far as I can tell. The owner of the FF company sued Rodales which ought to tell you something.

First- Rodales has not reviewed FF in a really long time and their review was said the heel strap broke prior to testing and was not used
Second- the owner of FF sued Rodales because Rodales challenged all manufactures to show bias in their test for a large sum of money. Bob submitted significant evidence and they refused to pay, it had nothing to do with his fins.

I mean, donating fins to all those groups like Cousteau's foundation and so forth must eat into the bottom line

what makes you think that those fins were donated?? where do you come up with this stuff?

as for the price
Apollo Bio-Fin $149.50
ForceFin Original $152.95

Atomic Smoke on the Water $199.95
ForceFin Pro $219.95

I don't see a ton of difference

Back
Top Bottom