Need Help dating a Conshelf XI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarthWader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just picked up a neat second stage off of ebay. it's a Conshelf XI Ser#151529

most of my searches thus far have only yeilded returns for the XIV. anyone familiar with the XI?

Buy her a dozen viton o-rings and tell her she sure has nice brass.

Edit: I'm sorry, I should have read more than the tittle.:D

The US Diver's Conshelf XI debuted in the 1970 catalog, and was replaced by the Conshelf XII in the 1973 catalog. The first stage featured 2 LP ports in 3/8", 1 HP port in 3/8", and the middle generation of second stage which featured a 7/8" exhaust valve and calypso styled exhaust tee which screwed into the bottom box.

We talk about this all the time here:

Vintage Double Hose

Oh yeah, and that old crap will kill ya.

The US Diver's Conshelf XI debuted in the 1970 . . .
Oh yeah, and that old crap will kill ya.
then in that case, anyone want to buy a used reg?:D

Dude,

Any USD guy will be able to rebuild that for you. Heck, if don't want it I'll take it.

Dude,

Any USD guy will be able to rebuild that for you. Heck, if don't want it I'll take it.

no, that's alright. I just talked to my local "usd" guy and the cost of a rebuild is surprisingly inexpensive. I bought the thing as a "curio/relic" but am now thinking about what else I need to fleshout a Circa 1970 Dive set-up

Yep...that's how it starts. The first hit is free and then when you get hooked you just keep paying and paying until pretty soon the whole dive locker is taken over by vintage gear and no matter how much you buy, it is never enough.

Madness.

Back
Top Bottom