Need help for next dive trip destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well St Croix is out. After talking to someone who should know it seems the crime rate is higher than normal so it's out.

You can find a reason to rule out anywhere, in which case you could end up going nowhere. No place is perfect.

Crime, like much in life, is not evenly distributed. The usual common sense practices go a long way; don't go to 'bad' parts of town, don't roam urban areas in the middle of the night, stay out of bars, don't hit on local women or go looking for illegal drugs, and don't leave obvious valuables laying out unattended in plain sight. Don't wander around wearing flashy jewelry. And remember that in some places crime is more an issue for residents than for tourists.

I do not hear St. Croix described as some desperate Caribbean ghetto. Ask these questions about it:

1.) Where would I stay there?

2.) Where would I want to go?

3.) Where would I do the shore diving?

4.) What else would I do there?

I suspect you could have a very low risk trip for anything serious happening.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom