Need help installing Air II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkigreg once bubbled...

What bungee??

It's a DIR thing.

Oops, are we back to that again? :D

Marc

FLL Diver once bubbled...

That must have been embarrassing. Don't you and your buddy check each other's equipment before diving to ensure that you've installed the hoses correctly to start with? That should be your backup to keep the hose you improperly installed from popping off.

Marc

They were installed properly. At least, mine was... the drysuit one I saw wasn't my buddy's.

It happens.

dkigreg once bubbled...

What bungee??

The bungee keeps the corregate hose from "swinging in the wind". How do you keep yours from floating around? (I don't know what you dive with).

So if you'd never dive with one, then how would you know how good/bad they are? Are you basing your opinions on other people's opinions without any real knowledge of what you're talking about?

I don't really care... I dive with one, never had any problems with it, it breathes just fine and it's convenient. Yes, I am looking at taking it off and replacing it with a standard inflator someday, but I'm in no hurry to do so.

And by the way... you're comparison was ill. I don't see how the Air2 can be compared at all to Spare Air, cigarettes, shotguns, etc... How many lives have been lost because of an Air2 failure? And besides that, it's not a shotgun or Spare Air's fault if people don't use them correctly and for their intended purpose.

FLL Diver once bubbled...

It's a DIR thing.

Oops, are we back to that again? :D

Marc

What's DIR about a bungee?:confused:

MNScuba once bubbled...
So if you'd never dive with one, then how would you know how good/bad they are? Are you basing your opinions on other people's opinions without any real knowledge of what you're talking about?

I don't really care... I dive with one, never had any problems with it, it breathes just fine and it's convenient. Yes, I am looking at taking it off and replacing it with a standard inflator someday, but I'm in no hurry to do so.

And by the way... you're comparison was ill. I don't see how the Air2 can be compared at all to Spare Air, cigarettes, shotguns, etc... How many lives have been lost because of an Air2 failure? And besides that, it's not a shotgun or Spare Air's fault if people don't use them correctly and for their intended purpose.

Spare Airs are "intended" to be bailout bottles good to "130 feet."

Right.

Anyway, I'd never dive with an Air2. I think it's far more dangerous than a backup regulator a couple inches from my chin that leaves my inflator/deflator hose alone.

There's no reason for an Air2. They *complicate* procedures, not simplify them.

BTW, if QD's are so secure, why aren't all second stages connected with them? Why not make *all* hose connections QD?

That's true, but people do all the time-especially beginners that don't know better. (Ever see divers with regulators facing the wrong way!!). And that's a failure point that I wouldn't want on my backup reg and inflator.

detroit diver once bubbled...

The bungee keeps the corregate hose from "swinging in the wind". How do you keep yours from floating around? (I don't know what you dive with).
Velcro! Space age stuff you know? =-)

jonnythan once bubbled...
Just like no one would make Spare Air, BWOD, shotguns, cigarettes, or anything else dangerous, right?

Excuses, excuses:

Sure I heard those warnings about Air2’s for the last 18 years. I have tried to quit, its not my fault, they purposely make them addictive.

I didn't know my Air2 was loaded, it went off accidentally!

New legislation:
No Air2 advertisement at sporting events/TV/billboards.
Raise the legal age to buy an Air2 to 21.
All Air2’s must be registered.
All Air2’s must carry the following warnings:

Warning!
Air2 is not designed for all diving situations.
Air2 should be used for recreational purposes only.
Air2 may create streamlining, proceed with caution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom