Need help installing Air II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C'mon Panzer, thats hardly the one sided view we like to see here!!!!

You have looked at it from both sides.....tsk tsk tsk :tease:

detroit diver once bubbled...

I'll have a great lawyer joke for you tomorrow when I get back into the office!

Okay, here it is. Scuba446, you can stop holding your breath now.

One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw two pathetic men eating grass by the road side. He ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

"Why are you eating grass?" the lawyer asked.

"We don't have no money for food," the first man replied.

"Oh, well, you can come with me to my house," insisted the lawyer.

"But, sir, I got a wife and three kids here."

"Bring them along!" replied the lawyer.

"But how 'bout m' friend?"

The lawyer turned to the other man and said, "You come with us, too."

"But, sir, I got a wife and six kids!"

"Bring them as well!" answered the lawyer as he headed for his limo. They all climbed into the car, and once underway, one of the poor fellows says:

"Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You're going to love my place....."

"The grass is almost a foot tall!"

Ok, that was a lot of reading! 4 pages so far and I have ONE very SIMPLE question for pmcsurf:

Did you get your Air2 connected?

Oh, and in case anyone forgot... here's the original post:
pmcsurf once bubbled...
Is there a trick to intalling the Air II? I'm trying to figure out how to keep the cord inside the BC inflater that dumps air by pulling on hose. There is a small wire that runs down the tube and I can't figure how to attach the Air II and keep that pull function. Do i need to buy a new wire to run to the dump valve down to the reg? Is this something only a LDS can do? Looked simple but the wire doesn't seem to have a way "undoing."

Anyone ever put one of these on?

Thanks for any input.

And just for the sake of argument, I never did hear any valid reasons why the Air2 is 'crap'. Based on all the flaming I've read on this thread it seems that with enough thought and imagination anything could be considered 'crap'.

MNScuba once bubbled...
And just for the sake of argument, I never did hear any valid reasons why the Air2 is 'crap'. Based on all the flaming I've read on this thread it seems that with enough thought and imagination anything could be considered 'crap'.

If *nothing* else, do you really want your only backup air supply to be at the mercy of a quick disconnect?

There's a *reason* second stages screw tightly into the hoses. Quick disconnects have a tendency to.... well, become disconnected. Quickly.

First of all...
To disconnect the hose from the Air2 takes a conscious effort and generally speaking, bumping into something is not going to do it. Has anyone here honestly had the hose come of of their Air2 accidentally?

Second...
99% of the replies have NOTHING to do with the question asked. This person already has the Air2, wants to use it and needs to know how. There are plenty of Air2 debates on this site already so I'm not going to get into it. Simply put, there are pros and cons to everything...you have to make an educated decision on what works best for you and your style of diving...period.

Third...
ScubaPro wouldn't keep making them if they were so dangerous.

MNScuba once bubbled...
First of all...
To disconnect the hose from the Air2 takes a conscious effort and generally speaking, bumping into something is not going to do it. Has anyone here honestly had the hose come of of their Air2 accidentally?

Well.. not my Air2, since I'd never dive with one. I have had one of my own BC inflation hoses pop off while inflating, and I've seen someone else's drysuit QD pop off while underwater.

Third...
ScubaPro wouldn't keep making them if they were so dangerous.

Just like no one would make Spare Air, BWOD, shotguns, cigarettes, or anything else dangerous, right?

jonnythan once bubbled...

Well.. not my Air2, since I'd never dive with one. I have had one of my own BC inflation hoses pop off while inflating, and I've seen someone else's drysuit QD pop off while underwater.

Scubapro air 2 connector is different than std inflator. Design is similar to connector used with air tools and such - but a bit smaller so as to not quite be compatible. I've never had a problem with it disconnecting, nor have I ever seen or heard of an incident. It takes a bit of effort to disconnect it with the system pressurized. Looks like it would be pretty hard to do, by accident, while breathing on the regulator.

What can happen sometimes is that the bungee on your corregated hose will catch the release ring on the inflator hose when you lift it to release air. I've seen it more than once, including my own rig. One of the fixes for this-and most people don't do it- is to put the inflator hose OUTSIDE of the bungee. Then it can't grab it on the way up.

detroit diver once bubbled...
What can happen sometimes is that the bungee on your corregated hose will catch the release ring on the inflator hose when you lift it to release air. I've seen it more than once, including my own rig. One of the fixes for this-and most people don't do it- is to put the inflator hose OUTSIDE of the bungee. Then it can't grab it on the way up.

What bungee??

jonnythan once bubbled...
I have had one of my own BC inflation hoses pop off while inflating, and I've seen someone else's drysuit QD pop off while underwater.

That must have been embarrassing. Don't you and your buddy check each other's equipment before diving to ensure that you've installed the hoses correctly to start with? That should be your backup to keep the hose you improperly installed from popping off.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom