Need help with Abyss setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoomhowerSpeaks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
I bought an abyss reg, a console, and octo offline because I thought that the LDS was closed. I recently got it all and quite frankly I'm a little confused as to where everything goes. I also found out today that the LDS is still open, I wish I had known this because chances are I would have bought from there. I called the dive shop today to see how much it would cost to have them set this up for me because I'm not too stoked on doing it myself. The owner of the shop told be that he will only set up things that were purchased from his shop, so since I didn't buy from him I'm out of luck and have to set this stuff up myself. I'm in Southern Illinois so finding another shop is problematic. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on how to set this up.
Thanks.

You don't need your LDS to do this is not to hard:
fsecond stage ----low port on the first stage.
oct-- goes--into your low pressure port on the first stage.
inflator hose----also---low pressure.
guages(consule,,computer) HP port.

Make sure all the o rings are in good shape ..tight every thing firm but do not over do it.

WAIT. Was this new or used gear? When you say abyss is it a Mares reg or Abysmal Scuba? What about the owner's manual. It is not rocket science to set up but you do need to make sure that you have the hose routing correct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom