Need Help with All Inclusive Resorts In Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to find a reputable all inclusive resort in Roatan for end of May. I have been reading a lot about Fantasy Island Resort & Reef House Resort but I am sure there are additional candidates that I should look in to.
Cost is extremely important but at the same time I would like have a nice and clean place. As for the luxury I would like to get the best deal money could buy but I don't know what to expect with my budget.
I have a party of six divers and my budget is about $700 to $800 PP for double occupancy for seven days.
I will appreciate a low down on some of the resorts in Roatan.

thx

Do you want an all inclusive dive resort as in diving included in your budget, or all inclusive with accomodation, and 3 meals a day ?

Other than cost and cleanliness, the obvious, what is it your looking for and what do you consider good value and or AI? Are you wanting the club Med,Cancun, Dominican type AI's where food choices abound and the drinks flow freely along with some diving or are you more into having all diving included and doing LOTS of it while staying at a place that simply provides you with a decent clean room and for the most part very basic meals but allowing a 4-5 dive a day schedule? Is the "luxury" you speak of related to diving and the ease there of or are you talking accomodations and dining experience?
$700-$800 Per person is pretty low for any of the AI "type" places unless you catch a special, you may also want to factor the CPD into the equation. Would you be happier at a place for say $1000 PP with fancier rooms and better meals and 2 dives a day or would you rather pay the same simple but nice clean place but your there to dive and do 4-5 dives a day.

FIBR should just be possible at that price if you quad occupy a 2 bed room. IIRC it's $1000/pp dbl in May (low season)

If Reef House is that reasonable, I'd guess those are your only sub-$800 options - Turquoise Bay/Subway Watersports is around $900 pp/dbl. Reef House is pretty far east also..

Maybe check Sueno Del Mar in the West End - I think they start at around $600 pp/dbl but IDK what's included - or one of the West Bay properties - Bananarama might be around that price range with their dive pkg. but afaik it's breakfast only.

Cocoview or Anthony's Key will be over $1000+ end of May. More if you want to stay over the water.

If you don't need an AI, here are some lower priced options: Bay Islands Diver Home

Some friends stayed at Coconut Tree Cabins/Divers in the West End. It was $45/nt. single/X2-double/X3-triple - per cabin not per room. Two of my friends shared a 2br cabin - small but full kitchen for $90/nt. total. Small living area, table for 4 and a small (screened IIRC) deck. In May you want that...:D

Some of their cabins have views, others are blocked by the Coconut Tree building in front. All had A/C and their backup generator seemed to always work. It's just across the road from Half Moon Bay beach. And the heart of the West End, the taxi stand is there and there's about 2 dozen restaurants/bars in all price ranges within a block or two either way. And Woody's Market (think big 7/11) in addition to a small market in the CTD building.

Last edited:
It depends on what you mean by "all-inclusive." Many resorts offer dive packages and meal plans that you can add to them. For the time period you mention, Las Rocas Resort (Roatan Diving - Wet'n Wild Dive Center @ Las Rocas Resort) during the time you mention has a seven day dive package with five days of 2-tank dives and a night dive per person double-occupancy for $499 + 16% tax. Breakfast is included as well as round trip airport transfers. The meal plan is $32/day + tax but there are so many good restaurants around in West Bay and West End you may not want the plan.

We stayed at Las Rocas the first time we went to Roatan and really enjoyed it. Everyone there was awesome.Small and quaint with small dive boat so there were days that it was just the five of us... mostly the case. If you stay there ask Michael to make you one of his Moneky lalas..
Great restaurants within walking distance or take water taxi to West End.
Last summer we stayed at FIBR and really enjoyed it also. Lots of diving but if you are looking to do other things it is quite a way out there.
So just depends what else you want to do if anything besides diving...
Good Luck...

As long as we are getting into non AI type things with only a couple dives a day, a group of 6 could rent a great house or condo, eat three meals a day and a few dives a day, split the cost and still be under budget

As long as we are getting into non AI type things with only a couple dives a day, a group of 6 could rent a great house or condo, eat three meals a day and a few dives a day, split the cost and still be under budget

RTBDiver, thank you for your reply. You are absolutely correct I should included some more information with my post.
We have been traveling to different diving destination including Thailand, Cozumel, Bonaire, Turks & Caicos, Curacao, Belize, and Greece. We usually do a 5 or 6 bedroom private villas often with pool, maid, chef and .... (this was my definition of luxury)
We mostly do two dives a day or at most three. I know this sounds kind of snobby but they like to pamper themselves in our dive trips.

But this year we are trying to cut the cost down to more than half keeping the cost at about $1500 and that includes the airfare from Los Angeles. I thought AI approach is a great way of controlling the cost. Furthermore, I thought for Roatan it may be safer to stay away from villas.
It is really a tight budget and I don't know what is realistic expectation.

Looking forward to your input.

How much is your airfare going to run?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom