Need Help With Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I am looking for a pair of glove that work well with a dry suit. I am diving a Fusion Tech suit and need a pair of wet gloves that have a very short cuff. The only that that I can seem to find are all long gloves that are supposed to go over your wet suit.

I would love to find a pair that I don't have to fold over the the extra material to get them to fit and not put pressure on the ring system on the suit.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.......

If the suit has a ring system you are already halfway to dry gloves. I would just pick up the matching rings to go with your suit and some Atlas gloves. Unless you are set on wet gloves, I have no ideas.

I am using the aqualung semi-dry gloves (Aqualung Dry Comfort 4 mm Diving Gloves). But as mentionned already, dry gloves is the way to go. I personally use the Kuby system that goes to any latex cuff and keep them fully functional. Other brands should do the job as well.

I'm very happy with the XS Scuba Dry-5 gloves. Semi-wet/semi-dry, but they keep my hands nice and warm (typical local water is 48-- 55 oF) I tried the Viking bayonet system with Atlas "Papa Smurf" gloves and find these just a warm with better dexterity

Depending on how warm your hands are, I've been using the NRS Maverick gloves for 3 years now. They are a 2mm paddling glove but I love them. They seal well and keep my hands warm in waters down to 45. I had the bulkier gloves but hated the lack of dexterity.

I have ScubaPro EverFlex 3mm gloves that work just fine with my dry suit. But, then I got the Kubi dry glove system and it works way better. Warmer yet thinner, giving much better dexterity.

I am fascinated that some of these posts are saying they have 5mm gloves that give them equal dexterity to a dry glove setup. My Kubi setup is so thin and snug that my dexterity feels barely reduced from being barehanded. And yet, 30 minutes or so of bottom time in 37F ended with my hands just cold, but not to the point of going numb or getting that pins-and-needles feeling or anything like that. Just cold. Nothing like the actual pain I got from diving in the same quarry with my wet gloves on.

I'm curious, what is the reason you want wet gloves and not dry?

I do a lot of lobstering and don't want to keep tearing up dry gloves. As soon as you get one little snag then you have wet gloves with no thermal protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom