Need info for Divetrip to SE Asia for 2-3 month in budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu:
Bon
The_cat_keeper just back from pulau weh just before the tsunami, he still owe the report. Please check the following threads:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t81302-.html

Wisnu: The_cat_keeper did not make it to Pulau Weh. We were in Medan airport on Boxing day when we heard about the earth quake & the flight to Bandah Aceh was cancelled. We ended up in Mabul/Sipadan instead...

Wisnu:
Bon
The_cat_keeper just back from pulau weh just before the tsunami, he still owe the report. Please check the following threads:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t81302-.html

Hi Wisnu,
thanks for the info, but either way, I'm still going to Weh Island, no one can stop me,LOL.. except if the aeroplane was delay or cancel..lol.. (knock wood 3 x). May be you would join me there ????

Bon

Bon
I just watched Metro TV tonight - a local news TV at 21.05, they sent a team two weeks after tsunami to check underwater. The reports said most of coral still very healthy and very rich in 15 - 40 m, evidenced by a beautifull 1 hour underwater video scene. There's only few sediment in shallow area. But temp. very cold 20 - 27 C. The canyon almost not affected at all. The operator is running their bussines although their facility heavily damaged. The show still and must go on and all of them very optimistic will recover quickly.
The flight Medan to Banda Aceh almost normal - as you may noted that flight delay can also be considered normal as this may happen not only there.
Apologize not being able to join you for some reason, but I fully support you to visit weh - the best way to help them. I will update if I know something
Regards

Wisnu:
Bon
I just watched Metro TV tonight - a local news TV at 21.05, they sent a team two weeks after tsunami to check underwater. The reports said most of coral still very healthy and very rich in 15 - 40 m, evidenced by a beautifull 1 hour underwater video scene. There's only few sediment in shallow area. But temp. very cold 20 - 27 C. The canyon almost not affected at all. The operator is running their bussines although their facility heavily damaged. The show still and must go on and all of them very optimistic will recover quickly.
The flight Medan to Banda Aceh almost normal - as you may noted that flight delay can also be considered normal as this may happen not only there.
Apologize not being able to join you for some reason, but I fully support you to visit weh - the best way to help them. I will update if I know something
Regards
hi Wisnu,
Double thanks to U for the verry usefull info, now no one can't stop me to go there. I really relief that the reef we're not damage. 20 c ?? hemm better packing my dry suite too..lol..
BTW, where do u dive while in JKT ?? is therea any interesting local dive in there ??

Cheers

Bon

Last Sunday I dove at Thousand Island, bad viz (just rain in the morning), damaged coral but still diveable. The interesting one is seem now the local people have more concern on their asset. They involve and keep the reef transplantation programme. We can wait the result 3 - 5 years from now.
There's also some site within 2 - 3 hrs from jakarta for one day trip, such as Krakatau, Shangyang island, Tempurung, but not comparable with say Tulamben - my family favourite place.

Thanks lots guys, for your input and comment,
Now, i really really need info regarding Maldive, hemm should I open up another treat ??
Any backpacking place in maldive ????

Why not bali?

Bali is good for diving thou you may not like the island itself. I have met 13 mola-molas during 2 dives in Bali and they are truely amazing!!! The Liberty wreck is also a good dive site, enjoyed my every dive in Bali.

scubagal82:
Why not bali?

Bali is good for diving thou you may not like the island itself. I have met 13 mola-molas during 2 dives in Bali and they are truely amazing!!! The Liberty wreck is also a good dive site, enjoyed my every dive in Bali.

Sorry Scubagal82, been there done that, need something more exotic,,lol.. as I quote in my first post, No BALI PLEASE!!!.
thanks anyway.

Malaysia, for 4 week or longer, mainly to check out the Borneo, wanna find the mandarin fish & Pygmy again..lol..love the creatures..

Hi Bondasik!

If it's the Mandarin Fish & Pygmy, you're looking for, Mataking will be the island you wanna check it out. The last trip I went on the 10th-15th Feb 2005, I saw almost 5 Pygmy and lots of Mandarin Fish. I'll be going there again on the 28th April - 2nd May 2005, I'll try to get you some photos. Didn't get to take any on the last trip cos I was taking care of my divers.

You can even make an extra one day trip to Sipadan & Mabul! That way, you'll get 3 islands on one trip! :wink:

Let me know when you are planning to go and I can make all the arrangement for you!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive:

Ed_Dman:
Hi Bondasik!

If it's the Mandarin Fish & Pygmy, you're looking for, Mataking will be the island you wanna check it out. The last trip I went on the 10th-15th Feb 2005, I saw almost 5 Pygmy and lots of Mandarin Fish. I'll be going there again on the 28th April - 2nd May 2005, I'll try to get you some photos. Didn't get to take any on the last trip cos I was taking care of my divers.

You can even make an extra one day trip to Sipadan & Mabul! That way, you'll get 3 islands on one trip! :wink:

Let me know when you are planning to go and I can make all the arrangement for you!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive:

Hemm,, i estimated i will be in Borneo on middle of June, do u thing is a good season ?? cause I will be doing Philippines & Palau first and then the borneo. It will be bloody great if you could do the arrangement for me,,lol :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom