Need Mounting Options.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I just bought a new can light. The problem that I am running into is that I can't exactly put it on the webbing of my BCD like you would on a typical BP/W. I can not believe that I am the first diver that has ever mounted a can light on a regular BCD.

I have an Atmos LX BCD.

http://www.scubatoys.com/large/A/AerisAtmosLXBcd.jpg
http://dansdiveshop.ca/store/images/atmos lx.jpg

The can light has the loop of 2" webbing on it. Can anyone share their experiences and help me mount this light.

TIA

When I want to carry a canister with a "regular" jacket style BC, I either carry the battery canister in a pocket with the power cord sticking through a small hole at the end of the zipper, or, when I want to use a canister that's too big for the pocket I mount the canister upside down to the cam band on the tank.
Rick

Use an a/c (air conditioning) zip tie which is one of the big ones. Run it through the eyelets on your cumberbund and through the web loop on your light. You can also take the webbing off the light and move the clamps further apart. Then use a new piece of webbing to go around your cumberbund and run it under both clamps.

There are many options if you think about it outside of the standard bp and wings mount "box". That is a very well thought out and easy placement, but you are diving something else. Use that as a basis for mounting and then modify it for what ever you are wearing.

Thank you very much for the options so far. I would love to hear some more options. Please keep them coming. I was thinking about a few "dog leash clips" on eiach end of the 2"webbing on the can and then clipping them onto the little D-rings on the side of the BCD.

I like the idea of mounting it on the cam bands on the tank, just not sure if the cord will be long enough. Hope so. The on/off switch is on the light head so turning the light on and off will not be an issue.

Again thanks and please keep the options coming.

I haven't seen one yet that didn't come with plenty of cord to make tank-mounting ok. The only disadvantage to the tank mount is that you have to remember how to restring the strap through the buckle :)
Rick

The only disadvantage to the tank mount is that you have to remember how to restring the strap through the buckle :)
Rick

I don't think that will be a problem. I have had to do that a few times now. It took a few minutes the first time but I got the hang of it now.

Another option would be to put it on a weight belt, even if you don't wear weights. Put a stabilizer clip on each side of the light and wear it over or under the bc, which ever works. Remember, it is your gear. You can do what you want to with it.

Most natural is like ''Spd135'' said to put canister lamp loop through normal weight belt.
On the right side then you don't carry weights because it 'll be obstacle for switching , manipulating...
But notice something ; you have to put on the left side same weight as canister has because of undoing that you 'll be unbalanced and canister will be slide with you on lover gravitiy point and you will swim a little sideway

Lamp canister is normal about 1,5 kg negative in the water (you carry less lead)

BTW : some instructor I know have problems with these integrated weights (MARES BCD) because on Malta month ago on deep about 25m they suddenly drop of plastic holders . He has luck because bottom was on 32m and he cold force swim to the bottom to catch them and made normal decopression! I see yours are much better !

I have had some great idea's, thank you. Anyone have any other options that they want to share?

Thank you in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom