Need political uprising updates/Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and observations. I think I'll keep a close eye on it for a couple of weeks and then make my decision.
Trip insurance is a good idea for international trips for a variety of reasons. You may want to shop for a carrier that will cover you well should the situation get worse. Make sure the current advisories will not prevent coverage.
Thanks Red Sea Shadow for sharing your thoughts. I wish I was in Egypt now!
You do?! :shocked2:
Right now, it's all over Egypt. BTW, in Hurghada the tourists joined the protesters :)
You're kidding, right?
Wow! Sounds rough.

Asser:
Right now, it's all over Egypt.

All presently all calm in the resort areas Dahab, Sharm etc spoke to some friends out there last night.

Would I be out there now diving, YES, and I'd LOVE to see some more Sharks

If Egypt goes, this will be interesting and things may get real complicated. All over the Arab world we are seeing a very large youth bulge (some countries have 50% of the population less then 30 to 35) with no jobs, no hope of getting married, etc. Take a 20-35 year old and tell them they can’t have a job (30+% unemployment) and can’t get married and you have an angered population willing to do just about anything. The Saudi’s and Iranians are worried, if Egypt goes, they may be next – I’d give the Iranians only a year at most.

The trick will be to keep the same old powerful families from just putting in a new figurehead

Back
Top Bottom