Need recommendations for late Dec. trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

studiokpg

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my wife and I are newly certified, and want to take a trip to Thailand, probably Phi Phi or Koh Lanta in late December/early January. The tricky part for us is that we will be with our two kids, ages 9 and 7. We need to find a way to keep them safely entertained while we dive for 3 or 4 days. Any hotels with good "kid clubs", or liveaboards that have facilities to keep kids entertained? I appreciate any suggestions.

Most hotels will offer nanny services, certainly in Phi Phi. You would be able to take the kids on the boat with you and they'll be able to snorkel (supervised) while you dive. Don't know of any liveaboards that have specific facilities to keep kids entertained but again supervised snorkeling would be an option but if they don't enjoy that then you'll be stuck with some very bored children for a few days. I think day trips would be the better option.

Koh Lanta is more kid-friendly than Phi Phi is. A number of resorts have kids clubs, such as Andanda Resort, Pimalai Resort, Twin Lotus Resort....

I know of one liveaboard out of Khao Lak that caters to families with children. They designate a snorkel guide for the kids while the parents are diving, but on the boat itself there's not all that much to do, so you'd probably need to take games and videos to keep them entertained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom