Need recommendations for our summer dive trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean by "corral them?" You don't want them wandering around downtown and want to keep them localized?
Yes, exactly. The huge hotels scare me as there is too many places to get lost.,

I havent heard a word about crime being up on Coz.

My go to op is, and has been for a long time now, Tres Pelicanos.

Aldora and a couple of others on here get good reviews consistently as well, but Tres is like diving with family (well the part of the family you like anyway lol)
Are the boats big or six packs? And do they pick up from the north hotel zone?
We don't want a cattle boat for sure

You got the best advise already from Dave Dillihay. Stay at the Hotel Cozumel/Resort and dive with aldora on your own boat with steel 120's or 100's. Decent pool deck, ok sand box style beach, get the breakfast option not the AI.

Also great option is a friends condo :

Beautiful oceanfront condo - Apartments for Rent in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico

No,not a troll, I recently stayed at hotel coz and can recommend it as a mid range accomodation. When she said she wanted to keep her kids close, I thought of the condo, which is very nice and with three bedrooms there is plenty of room. She also mentioned liking steel tanks, and with 5 divers they might as well charter their own boat. What part don;t you like?

Hmmmmm...you need your own boat(6 divers probably will be cheaper to charter), big tanks, a beach, ocean view, pick up from the hotel, and a way to contain boys without the use of duct tape, zip ties, or cuffs...... scrotum snares....maybe.

Contact Dave with Aldora and ask about Aldora Villa. They Pick up from the hotel pier, (less than 100 feet from your door), big tanks for those that Hoover their air, enough boats to have your own boat at a possible discount, and far enough north that a taxi is almost necessary to get to town. I'm old...and 5 knee surgeries means long walks along the beach and I don't get along. They do have bikes for free use....but you have to have a key to get them. A nice small beach area but no leisurely walk into the surf. That area is iron beach and held by a retaining wall. Refrigerators for drinks and snacks and a free ride to Mega to stock up when you get there. Free shore diving too, but Aldora keeps your gear at the shop so the kids would not have access to it to sneak away.

No room service or hotel bar. But very quiet and tranquil.....until the boys get there...lol. Duct tape can be bought at Mega if necessary.

Chris and Chris are top notch hosts as well.

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

No,not a troll, I recently stayed at hotel coz and can recommend it as a mid range accomodation. When she said she wanted to keep her kids close, I thought of the condo, which is very nice and with three bedrooms there is plenty of room. She also mentioned liking steel tanks, and with 5 divers they might as well charter their own boat. What part don;t you like?
I wasn't intimating that you were-- sorry about that. I was beginning to think the OP is one based on her posts and responses. Very odd to me.

Hmmmmm...you need your own boat(6 divers probably will be cheaper to charter), big tanks, a beach, ocean view, pick up from the hotel, and a way to contain boys without the use of duct tape, zip ties, or cuffs...... scrotum snares....maybe.

Contact Dave with Aldora and ask about Aldora Villa. They Pick up from the hotel pier, (less than 100 feet from your door), big tanks for those that Hoover their air, enough boats to have your own boat at a possible discount, and far enough north that a taxi is almost necessary to get to town. I'm old...and 5 knee surgeries means long walks along the beach and I don't get along. They do have bikes for free use....but you have to have a key to get them. A nice small beach area but no leisurely walk into the surf. That area is iron beach and held by a retaining wall. Refrigerators for drinks and snacks and a free ride to Mega to stock up when you get there. Free shore diving too, but Aldora keeps your gear at the shop so the kids would not have access to it to sneak away.

No room service or hotel bar. But very quiet and tranquil.....until the boys get there...lol. Duct tape can be bought at Mega if necessary.

Chris and Chris are top notch hosts as well.

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

What is the Villa Aldora? A liveaboard? Please send me info when u can. Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom