Need Recommendations for Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MGW1979

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading to Thailand for 5 weeks at the end of the month with my girlfriend. She's going to be doing her open water there. I was wondering if people had any recomendations where to do it (I was thinking Koh Tao) or knew of any good dive shops and or accomodations.
Thanks!:D

Koh Tao does certify a lot of divers, and this is the high season there, so you are likely to find lots on offer. However, come to Phuket if you prefer less crowded conditions (it's our low season) and generally nicer diving than Koh Tao (any season).

Totally agree with Quero, or try Phi Phi, which still has that backpacker vibe if that's what you're looking for.

Hey do something completely different Come to Cambodia. Get more value for your dollars!

We do 5 dive courses max of 4 and only $199 for SSI $250 with book for PADI if there are two of you we give it away for $350 for 2 on the SSI same for the PADI but you need to buy the books.

Have a Great Day!

We have lots of fish. We even have two types of moon wrasse the regular blue ones and the very pretty yellow ones which have some of the best colors on a fish that you can find, almost as cool as a Picasso trigger fish. What we don't have is lots of divers so we can guarantee that you will see more fish than divers. When we have 2 dive boats on a site it is a cause for a celebration because it only happens a few times a year.http://www.ecosea.com/eco/HTM/Adventure%20Scuba%20Diving%20Tours%20%20the%20Thailand%20Gulf.htm check out the pic on the link all were shot here in Cambodia this year.

Have a Great Day!

Hmmm. I'm definately interested in Koh Phi Phi. Are there lots of dive sites there? Can anyone recommend a shop or a place to stay?
Thanks, Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom