Need SeaFever Critique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm an Aggressor fanatic and have been on several; however, I do enjoy diving the Bahamas. I know the SeaFever is probably no Aggressor, but I'm thinking about doing a week on that live-a-board. I need to hear from anyone who has spent time on the SeaFever to give me a critique on her: acommodations, food, service, set up for photo-video, crew, etc. What are the strong points? What are the weak points?

Thanks for your reply/s

Barracuda2

DocVikingo once bubbled...
Here's trip report/review of both the Bottom Time II & Sea Fever that I wrote for the Feb '02 issue of Undercurrent----> http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/articles/Bahamas200202.shtml

Hope this proves useful.

DocVikingo

So tell us how you really felt Doc :wink:

...Ouch, good article!!!

Did you find out if the tanks were REALLY VIP'd?

LOL.

Undercurrent location/liveboard reviews don't have much resemblance to the gushy articles you see in main stream scuba publications, do they? Every diver knows a resort, liveaboard, dive location, etc., no matter how wonderful overall, has a wart or two. If you're writing for Undercurrent, the editor wants to hear about them in detail.

To answer your question, no, I have not personally followed up on Bottom Time II's assurance of VIPs for their tanks.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I did a trip with them last year (Bimini itinerary). I had a blast.

Liked it so much, I've booked another trip on them this July (they have some openings two different weeks in July and will likely discount to guarantee a more full boat).

I've done other boats (e.g., Hughes Wind Dancer) and this isn't a Peter Hughes boat. No ensuite bathroom, only a sink. The galley/dining area is small. The sun deck's somewhat small (and has no shaded area for sitting or lying)...heck, the boat's sorta small given how many people they can put on it. It's only got 90 or so feet of beam I think. And no, there's no dive deck clothes dryer from which they grab hot towels and wrap you up as you emerge from a night dive...you have to provide your own towels and dry them as best you can (in the wind stream).

The food's pretty good. I'd give it 2 stars. You never want for food. It's good, basic, stick to the ribs fare. Better than a diner's offerings, no where near what you might get on, say, the MV Wind Dancer. You'll go home with no complaints about the food.

When I went out on the Sea Fever, a majority of the dives were great. I'd say 30% were blah or so so, but part of that's just an issue of what were the sky conditions like, the weather, etc.

Give them a call...

The diving's fun.

I'm going out with them again...

Last full week of July 03, did another trip (1 week) with the SeaFever, Cay Sal itinerary.

What a blast!

Write me at

Thomas_M_Austin
@msn.com

if you have specific questions

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom