Need some advice : Cozumel tip in a few weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edit: That restaurant on Ave 20 at the corner of Calle 5, is that Calle 5 Nte (north) or calle 5 sur (south)?

Has to be south.

North of the plaza are even Calles 2,4,6,8, ect

South of the plaza are odd.

Has to be south.

North of the plaza are even Calles 2,4,6,8, ect

South of the plaza are odd.

Yeah, I just figured that out on google maps. I was using the street view but I cant find the storefront she described.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2013 at 06:29 PM ----------

Casa Mission is looking good right now. It's got that classic look and Mariachi's. My wife LOVES Mariachi's and the food, of course is said to be very good.

Casa Mission is looking good right now. It's got that classic look and Mariachi's. My wife LOVES Mariachi's and the food, of course is said to be very good.
Not my kind of place, but I don't have a wife. If I did, I'd go where she wanted. :thumb:

Agree on the taxi price before you board! Tipping is not needed, and the cafe gets a bribe for taking you there, but if the cab is clean, AC ran, and driver nice - you may want to. DO HAVE PLENTY OF SMALL BILLS...!!

Not my kind of place, but I don't have a wife. If I did, I'd go where she wanted. :thumb:

Agree on the taxi price before you board! Tipping is not needed, and the cafe gets a bribe for taking you there, but if the cab is clean, AC ran, and driver nice - you may want to. DO HAVE PLENTY OF SMALL BILLS...!!

If I were to be there for a longer stay, my choices would vary quite a bit. Being I only have time for one meal, I try to make it a memorable one.

Not my 1st rodeo in Mexico but it has been a few years. I travel to Central America quite a bit. I somewhat familiar with the way things go. My wife and I speak Spanish so it helps. Thanks.

First off, Casa Mission is VERY nice. They were offering the Parilla Mission lunch menu at Casa a while back for cheapskates like Don and my missus. (Marrying a 'frugal' one is the way to go, by the way...) You just had to ask for it. They were disappointed giving out the menu of item 75% less than the Casa Menu. The Casa menu is a lovely leather affair. The Parrilla is a lamanted card. That may have been because there Parrilla was closed for lunch at the time.

Secondly, in the large walled in yard at Casa Mission. There is.....

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

A TEQUILA TOUR!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom