Need Some Help With A New To Me Bare Trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_20160506_155003.jpg

IMG_20160506_154957.jpg

So got this today seals are gone, blue rings are still in with the "leftovers" still under. Questions: A: how do i get the rings out with the old cracked seals underneath. B: what seals do i need to buy to replace and how do i install? C: Id like to run dry gloves so which cuffs/gloves will i need?

Thanks ahead of time! MUCH appreciated.:cheers:

Last edited:
Latex and silicon seals will fit any drysuit ring system, as far as I know.

About taking that particular model apart, I don't know. I love my SiTech ring system. Do you know what brand ring system that is?

I would hazard a guess that the black ring needs to be carefully pried off the bottom blue portion. How to do that - I struggled mightily with my wrist rings, and needed tools to get the recalcitrant pieces apart. The SiTech had a lot of flexibility, so that helped.

Latex and silicon seals will fit any drysuit ring system, as far as I know.

About taking that particular model apart, I don't know. I love my SiTech ring system. Do you know what brand ring system that is?
Any recommendations and brands of seals? Is it a "seal is a seal" kinda thing or is there really a brand i should go with? looks as cheap as $25 off diveright. Bottleneck or taper? latex or silicone? I don't know what brand it is unfortunately, ive sent bare an email so we will see what they say.

The blue ring might also get pushed into the sleeve. That's how it works on my Viking rings.
Yea, so the outer black part is all one piece and it looks like the blue ring slides in and out from the inside as their is a lip at the end with the seal between the outside of the blue ring and inside of the black ring connected to the suit.

Silicone is nice, but tears much easier than latex in my experience, particularly the thick latex I'm using. However I get some leaking doing valve drills and similar where my wrist is above my shoulder and I might not if I was using silicone.

But you should always have a spare of some sort with you with either latex or silicone.

alright ill order up some seals thanks! anyone have any idea what i need to get dry gloves attached?

Is there a local (dry suit) instructor you could ask for help?

Looks like with the rings you already have you just need to put you some new wrist seals in and then you can get the gloves at DRIS that you can slip right over the top of your rings for the "on the cheap" dry glove system..

DRIS slip on gloves

Actually it looks like from your pictures you might even have this exact ring system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom