Need to replace Aqua Lung Blades fins - any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gordium7

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has been using Aqua Lung Blades for over ten years, but they are starting to show some wear that will require their replacement soon. I would like some suggestions on replacement paddle type fins. She has no interest in any of the split fin variants.

Thanks in advance!

Details:
- Wife swims three or more time per week, and has a very strong kick when needed.
- She likes the stiffness of the Blades, their light weight, and the relative size.
- She has a large adult male's full mass, so wishy-washy fins are unacceptable.
- Needs to be an open heel.
- Needs to be durable and last. :)

BTW - Does anyone have any reliable way to repair (or stop) the cracks/separation that is occurring in the base of foot pocket opening between the hard plastic and rubber parts? Thought I would ask, but I can't think of anything that would hold up.

I have been using the Hollis F-1 blade and really enjoy nearly every aspect of the fin. It is a great frog kick blade. It will wear out old knees if flutter is your fav.
Scubatoys has a yellow-tip F-1 Blem on sale for $99.00
I dive the XL size with a size 10 DUI rock boot with my drysuit, however in the tropics, I use a 3mm boot and tightened the springs.

Dennis

I recently pulled my old Blades out since I was heading to the Bahamas to film sharks and my BioFins are a bit too heavy to carry with me. I find the Blades to be an excellent travel fin.

Give us a call. We have several pair of brand new Blades in stock. On sale at 20% off.

She should give the Scubapro SeaWing Nova Gorilla a go. It is a lightweight powerful fin.

It has a lifetime warranty.

She should give the Scubapro SeaWing Nova Gorilla a go. It is a lightweight powerful fin.

It has a lifetime warranty.

For the same price as a set of blades?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

For the same price as a set of blades?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
We have some Gorilla SeaWing Nova's (2012) for $139.95.

Back
Top Bottom