Need to update my gear for travel. What fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I need to get a light pair of fins for travel, I will go on an eight month trip to Southeast Asia in October and I plan to pack as light as possible.
I own a pair of jetfins but at 3.2kg/7lbs the pair I rather leave them home and get something lighter.
I look for something like 2kg/4.5lbs max at size xl/2xl ( Euro 46) but powerful enough to dive in strong currents ( Lembongan, Komodo, Pulau Weh, Phillippines)

I have looked into Scuba pro go ( I prefer to wear boots though for shore dives with rocks/corals),Seawing Nova, Hollies F2, Oceanic Accel....

Any other fin I should look at, I preffer if they are easy to get here in Europe.

Regards
Javier

Last edited:
At 5.9lbs per xxl pair ( usa 12/eur 46) they do not look light to me, that is with rubber straps.

I am looking for something under 2kg/4.5lbs for size xl/xxl (12 USA / 46 eur)

My rubber jetfins weigh 3.2kg/7 lbs at size xxl, the Slipstreams only give me 1 lb benefit as they are 5.9lbs. The deep6 would be difficult to find here and are also heavier than I would like to

Scubapro go, Hollis F2, Oceanic Accel, Seawing nova are all under 2kg/4.5lbs

I just wonder how will they behave under strong currents and I would like to know what other options In that weight range

Regards
Javier

looked at Apeks rk3? Haven't tried them myself but are eager to..

Aeris Accel - 3.4 pounds. Also short enough to fit in carryon - they perform as well as any fins I have tried.

Aeris Accel - 3.4 pounds. Also short enough to fit in carryon - they perform as well as any fins I have tried.
And quite often to be found for $60 or Euro 60 or thereabout.

I really like my Hollis F2's for travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom