Need Volunteers *URGENT*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a heck of a dive that even most technical deep divers would think twice about. The depth isn't really the problem, but rather the logistics of the mission. I'm sure there are some teams of deep divers out there that could pull it off easy enough, but it would be costly.

Mike

There is a group based out of British Columbia called the Canadian Amphibious Search Team that has experience with recovery work at this depth. I don't know any of them personally and haven't worked with them before, but some on this board know who Sean Stevenson (cast55) is and he works with them. They have a website (C.A.S.T.) and do some pretty amazing work. It's a place to start, at least.

As a PSD, if there was a situation that my team was not qualified to do, we would call someone who is qualified, and the county would pay for it.

If we knew for a fact that there were human remains in a lake and could pinpoint them, we would not leave them there.

At that depth, that may be too much to ask of amateurs... I'm sorry to say that, but it is true. Most of us would have no business at that depth...I feel bad for the families, but once you leave the body, it is like a shell on the beach...so I tell myself...I would not ask anyone to risk anything to come looking for my remains, understanding the risks.

I guess its safe to say...... it pays to be..... say a Kennedy.

Not sure why normal folk can't get/expect the same help. On the other hand.... I don't think that accident was this deep.

Thanks for the ideas, and responses.

I heard about this tragic accident in the news, and hope that the family and friends will eventually find peace and closure. In crime scene situations would the authorities handle it differently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom