Negril, Jamaica ... October 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No sorry agost003 no shores dives at Couples (nothing to see) and we never venture off site to dive. Not necessary when we dive 3x a year in Cozumel. We get in enough dives every year with 4 one week vacations.

Betty

Hi -
We're planning a July trip to Jamaica and would like to get some input from the board members. Reading the posts, it sounds like Negril is the best bet, yes? What other locations might you recommend? Also Couples is mentioned often, any others that you'd boast? Also do you have your fav dive ops? We're interested in 2 tank dives and up to 90ish ft.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

Sandals Negril is similar to Couples - includes 2 boat dives per day. They are single tank dives, but 2x per week they do a 2 tank dive excursion. Pampering with diving included...either way is a nice way to go! That being said, there are better places in the caribbean for diving, but if you want to go to Jamaica, Negril is good. I'm actually currently working with someone else from the forum...planning a trip with some diving this July in Negril.

I'll be at Couples Negril next month. This will be our third time. I like diving there. Very relaxing.

We're going towards the end of May and staying at Firefly/Secrets Cabins on Negril. The missus doesn't dive but is happy to read on the beach or watch bubbles from the dive boat. Obviously I don't want her to hate me diving so I'm self-limiting to 2 mornings out of the 6 days we're there. Hoping I can find some two tank dives.

Thankfully she does snorkel so we'll slot some time in for that too.

Bob

We're going towards the end of May and staying at Firefly/Secrets Cabins on Negril. The missus doesn't dive but is happy to read on the beach or watch bubbles from the dive boat. Obviously I don't want her to hate me diving so I'm self-limiting to 2 mornings out of the 6 days we're there. Hoping I can find some two tank dives.

Thankfully she does snorkel so we'll slot some time in for that too.

Bob

When we were there in 2008, we dove with Sundivers. Since that time, we understand they have undergone some changes, but if you go to Trip Advisor, they continue to get good reviews. We'll be at Couples in late May and diving with them again.

We just paid our deposit for Couples Negril in September 2014. (Early bird special gets us the 7th night free + a $300 resort credit). Even though we will be living in Cozumel by then; we love CN that much that we want to go back. Might not do so much diving though. :wink:

Betty

Thanks CTA, I appreciate your input.

Sandals Negril is similar to Couples - includes 2 boat dives per day. They are single tank dives, but 2x per week they do a 2 tank dive excursion. Pampering with diving included...either way is a nice way to go! That being said, there are better places in the caribbean for diving, but if you want to go to Jamaica, Negril is good. I'm actually currently working with someone else from the forum...planning a trip with some diving this July in Negril.

The wife (non-diver) and I were just there last week. We were at Breezes, just down the beach from the Couples resort. Two inclusive dives a day. Got six dives in while there, fantastic time.

Back
Top Bottom