Nekton big changes again???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Pam! We're booked on the Pilot departing on Dec 15th in Belize, can't wait since we've been reading/hearing great things about it.

Definitely agree with the other posters about the website. I can't tell you how many times I have gone on there to look at everything and most of the info is great but I would have loved to see more photos and updated photos of the boat interiors and trips. I've heard that the boat was refurbished last year but I'm guessing those photos online aren't very recent. I've searched the internet pretty well looking for any recent photos or videos that people might have posted but have come up short. I plan on taking a million photos underwater and on the boat so that will solve that problem!

It's our first liveaboard so I can't wait!

Thank you Pam for your information. Last summer I went on the Nekton to the Caymans and had the time of my life! It was my first liveaboard and they had to drag me off the boat. I could go on and on about the crew and Nelson. So when the dive club started to book for another trip, I did not even think twice, and wrote my check out for their June Cay Lobos trip. And everyone is right, I have tried searching for any information on the Medio Reef and Cay Lobos and all I get is a reference to Nekton's web site. So any information is greatly appreciated. So if anyone out there has done this iternary before please give details! Thanks

Sorry I got confused.. I put Cay Lobos and Medio Reef as one. But the Nekton Pilot has a June 21-28 2008 itenerary to Medio Reef.

I did the NW Bahamas trip followed by the Cay Lobos. Yes, I spent 18 days on the Nekton Rorqual. We dove near Medio Reef and saw nurse sharks and a large green moray. A storm caused a diver recall back to the Rorqual. We waited for about an hour and then dove the site again. The weather was not working in our favor that day. The crew was trying to install some new moring pins for Medio Reef but had to cancel. The seas were just to rough for the El Camino (blue skiff) and the crew to work from. Hopefully, they were able to install some pins the following week on the second Cay Lobos trip. :14:

for me to announce what some of you already know and I appreciate your keeping the news under your hat until I was ready to announce it. I resigned from Nekton on October 5th, having enjoyed every moment I spent helping each of you plan your dive vacation and I hope to be able to do so again. I consider myself so blessed to have discovered my passion in life (even if it was rather late in life :) and I am actively pursuing a position with another company where I can do dive travel.

Your posts in the past where you expressed your appreciation for my help mean more to me than you will ever know. When you truly love what you are doing, it doesn't seem like work and you never seemed like customers but good dive buddies talking about the thing we all love to do....dive.

I will be happy to answer your questions about Nekton trips (at least to the best of my ability) I think there are some of the finest people in the industry still working for Nekton and I wish them fair weather and following winds.

Happy Diving!
Pam Farris

P.S. I'm not too proud to ask for your help in finding another position in dive travel. After all...it's not what you know, but who you know :D and I feel like I know the best. THANKS GUYS!

Pam sorry to see you go, thanks for the help planning my two Nekton trips including the one leaving next week!!!!

Best of Luck

Joe

Pam,
Thanks for your assistance over past two years. You are highly respected by many of Nekton's regular customers. Your name came up many times during my four Nekton Trips. :D

Tim Wildey

Pam:

Sorry to see you leave, but I understand when opportunity knocks. I have to be happy when I see good people advance in life.

I greatly appreciate your assistance and service when I called the day before the 15 - 22 Sep 07 N.W Bahamas itinerary to book the trip.

My wife appreciated your help and assurance when she needed to communicate with me while I was on the Rorqual.

You are just awesome in the department of customer service and customer care.

Let us know where you land you may hear from us again.

Certainly what engendered my repeat business to Nekton had to do with those employees I spoke with as well as those who serve(d) onboard.

You should know you had a very large role to play in that as well.

Thank you again for everything.

Maybe someone in charge will read the comments of their repeat customers and offer you more of whatever it may take to keep you.

Blessings to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom