Nekton big changes again???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info Pam, it's great to hear a few details about Medio. :D Can you tell me if there's any idea about how many dives will be on Medio during the week?

It sounds like it would be a good compliment to either the NW Bahama or Cay Sal itineraries if considering a back-to-back trip....which is again what we're thinking (as you already know).

You can expect the same as the other Bahamas itineraries (28 to 30). There will be a day or so at the end of the Medio Reef itinerary diving some of the holes in Cay Sal Bank so I would consider a Northwest Bahamas/Medio Reef a better compliment than Medio Reef/Cay Sal Bank. I would do that one if you LOVE the big holes and just want to add a little variety by way of the Medio Reef dives. Clear as mud? :)

I agree 100% about updating the site. I had previously read about the Medio site, but when it came time to book, I completely forgot about that and went straight to picking a date and then choosing the itinerary.

I know that had I asked, Pam would have been full of information regarding it, but without easy to find updates, it just didn't register to me to ask.

Do want to thank Pam as she is always extremely helpful when trying to decide between locations---full of information and when you end the call, you are already invisioning yourself at sea (and our next trip is not until July 08! :(

Thanks again Pam!

(Michelle aka Mickie)

I LOVE talking to Scubaboarders :)

You can expect the same as the other Bahamas itineraries (28 to 30). There will be a day or so at the end of the Medio Reef itinerary diving some of the holes in Cay Sal Bank so I would consider a Northwest Bahamas/Medio Reef a better compliment than Medio Reef/Cay Sal Bank. I would do that one if you LOVE the big holes and just want to add a little variety by way of the Medio Reef dives. Clear as mud? :)

Nope, perfectly clear actually! :blinking: :blinking: We aren't big fans of the NW Bahamas itinerary but LOVED Cay Sal Bank's holes, so Medio/Cay Sal might be a good fit for us. :D :D Lots to think about, but since we're looking at the early summer, 2009 we have plenty of time to decide.

okay Pam, you are killing me!!! We just spent the weekend getting another couple all fired up to do the Belize trip with us and now you tell us more about the Medio reef and that it will be doing some of the Blue HOles we loved from Cay Sal !!! Uggghhh! Now I wanna do that one instead!!! :11::confused:
I need to chat with them again before we decide! They have never done a liveaboard but want to do it after all we have told them. They are really excited. Uggghhh. I can't decide!:confused:

robin:D

Do Belize Robin, you won't regret it....it's mostly walls with reefs on top and the blue holes of Cay Sal really reminded us of Belize. Besides Nekton is leaving Belize so it might be your last chance. You can always do Medio in 2009 or 2010.

:D
Do Belize Robin, you won't regret it....it's mostly walls with reefs on top and the blue holes of Cay Sal really reminded us of Belize. Besides Nekton is leaving Belize so it might be your last chance. You can always do Medio in 2009 or 2010.
yeah, I am leaning that way but we have to ask the other couple and let them choose. The other lady is a newer diver and so we need to work with her comfort level - I know she doesn't want to do the Cay Sal trip. We also have two other people who might want to join us too so I guess the hard part is going to be just organizing the schedules. Late spring/early summer seems to be good for everyone so either way we can do something!:D I love it when a plan comes together.:D

robin:D

I only had 10 dives under my belt when we did Cay Sal. I was able to do all of the dives with the exception of the drift dive as I felt that was far beyond my comfort level at the time.

Regardless, you can't go wrong with either trip!

Greetings !

I just returned from the 15 - 22 Sep 07 NW Bahamas Itinerary. This was my first live-aboard experience, and I did this trip as a relatively new diver.

The only thing for me to share is that I had the most amazaing time of my life.

There is no doubt that I'll dive with Nekton on as many of their itineraries as I possibly can this year and the next.

I can't say enough about the crew and the staff in the front office who worked tirelessly to make my first trip everything I hoped it would be and more.

Even Jeff went out of his way to make sure my wait time in Ft. Lauderdale was bearable. I think these guys have a great operation.

I hope that whatever has to be done for other divers to look in the direction of Nekton will happen soon.

For those of you who have never taken a Nekton voyage, you don't know what you're missing. I'm making a return December to either the Belize or PR/St. Croix destinations.

I just have to decide which one..........I'll probably choose the vessel with Nelson at the helm.

Look forward to seeing on on board and in the water.

Dive Safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom