Nekton boats may come back!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did 4 Nekton trips and enjoyed every minute of it. The boats were amazing with lots of room and comfort. They are what I called a diving machine not a luxury vessel. The Captains and the crews always treated me well. The stability of vessels made the trips very relaxing. We only encountered rough seas once but no one got sick.

Count me in as a returning customer.

Tim

I did 4 Nekton trips and enjoyed every minute of it. The boats were amazing with lots of room and comfort. They are what I called a diving machine not a luxury vessel. The Captains and the crews always treated me well. The stability of vessels made the trips very relaxing. We only encountered rough seas once but no one got sick.

Count me in as a returning customer.

Tim
Emphasis mine.

I agree with the above, except that everything I've highlighted counts for me as luxury: room, comfort, stability, and friendly treatment by excellent staff.

It's true that the Aqua Cat had better food and a free soda fountain and even more room, but I luxuriated on the Nekton Pilot and the diving accommodations were excellent. My only request for a reborn Nekton would be 32% nitrox.

I am kinda curious too. Ten weeks and almost 250 SB posts later, I am wondering if any progress has been made.

In this post bank colapse market 10 weeks to finance such an at risk venture is nothing. Bank liens, tough credit, sceptical investors my guess is a year to get the deal done if it can be done at all before you even begin working on the boat, the marketing and getting the operation up and running.

In this post bank colapse market 10 weeks to finance such an at risk venture is nothing. Bank liens, tough credit, sceptical investors my guess is a year to get the deal done if it can be done at all before you even begin working on the boat, the marketing and getting the operation up and running.

I agree with you about this being a very long and risky project and I never intended to imply that anything major might have been accomplished in only 10 weeks.

In all honesty, I truly hope that someone gets at least one of these boats back in the water (the Pilot was my home for eight years, 1995-2003), but I don't see it happening. I worked for the company for almost 10 years and I am well aware of what will be needed to get this project off the ground.

My point was that many people have kept this thread going and it would be nice for the OP to let us know what (if anything) has been accomplished. Has the OP given up? Is he actively pursuing investors? That type of info would be nice to know.

My point was that many people have kept this thread going and it would be nice for the OP to let us know what (if anything) has been accomplished. Has the OP given up? Is he actively pursuing investors? That type of info would be nice to know.

I think most of us feel the same. We would just like an update.

*pokes OP*

The OP has not posted anything on Scubaboard since August 7th. He has only 10 total posts on Scubaboard, I think this may have been a troll by someone using an alternate screen name. (just a thought).

The OP has not posted anything on Scubaboard since August 7th. He has only 10 total posts on Scubaboard, I think this may have been a troll by someone using an alternate screen name. (just a thought).

I know who the OP is, he actually worked for us for a short period of time after the Nektons company went under.

I highly doubt anything will come from this, however. IMO, someone would be smarter to start all over with new boats versus trying to resurrect the old ones...

IMO, someone would be smarter to start all over with new boats versus trying to resurrect the old ones...
+1 :ijs:

My gut reaction is that those boats will simply die a rusty death in the shipyard where they're sitting. Have to agree that starting with a newer boat, or at least one in better condition would be smarter than trying to gut a Nekton boat and get her back into good condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom