NELD get-together overnighter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's two group sites on the island. Each one is $25 per night , and has a minimum of 15 and a max of 30 people. So it looks like we'll either need to get a group to commit or reserve individual sites.

Here's the general vicinity:
lovells.jpg

I love your new He-Man avatar, Yak. Spitting image of you. You should keep it when the powers to be fix the April's Fools prank.

LobstaMan

Forget the speedo, you do look better as a blonde.

Lobsta He-man

yak:
There's two group sites on the island. Each one is $25 per night , and has a minimum of 15 and a max of 30 people. So it looks like we'll either need to get a group to commit or reserve individual sites.
A group site sounds like a good idea. The reservations site is http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsiteSearch.do

I'm in for August 25th if you want to go ahead and reserve it, although it looks like there's a good sized group that could do the June date too.

Okay, I booked group site 2 for 20 of us on August 25th, although it will accomodate up to 30 if we get a big turnout. It looks like the site most convenient to both the dock and deepish water. With the processing fee, it came to $34.25. If $2/camper sounds fair, you can all chip in when we're on the island.

Campground Information
The reservation must be in the name of the primary occupant.

Group camping rates have changed as follows: Effective April 7th 2005; A $25 per night fee will be collected at the time of reservation. This site fee covers the first 25 people or less. If more than 25 attend, $1 extra per night, per person will be collected at the park.

Fresh water is not available for showers or drinking (campers should bring at least 1 gallon of drinking water per person per day)also no telephones on island.

Open fires are not allowed above high tide line. Mfg. fuel burning cook stoves are allowed at camp and picnic sites.

Alcoholic beverages, firearms, fireworks, and pets are not allowed on the Boston Harbor Islands. There are no trash receptacles in the park. All visitors and campers must carry out what they carry in. Leave no trace.

For ferry service information call 617-223-8666 or visit www.bostonislands.com. To insure fairness for all MA customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 6-month Maximum Window can not be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation was made.

Site Information
The $25 site fee covers the first 25 people or less. If more than 25 attend, $1 extra per night, per person will be collected at the park by rangers.

Matt:

This sounds like it'll be a great time. Thanks for suggesting and setting it up. Count me in.

LobstaMan

Ok, I've got plenty of 5 gallon plastic carboys that we can fill with water, so that won't be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom