Nemo Sport setting questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarryHinDC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a Nemo Sport computer and plowed through the manual. There are a couple of things I can't find in the manual.

First, there is the User Safety Factor (USF). It can be set to 0 or 1. There is nothing in the manual that tells me what each setting means. Is 1 more conservative than 0 or the other way around? And what is being adjusted to make it more or less conservative? Algorithm? Ascent rate? Something else?

What is the PGT? And what is the difference between an OLI warning and a PO2 warning?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Since no one from Mares replied to this, I called them and asked my questions. They had to get in touch with Italy for answers. In case anyone else has the same questions, here is what they sent me:

>User Safety Factor  0:Normal 1:conservative
>
>USF1 is equal to altitude rank 1 approximately.
>
>PGT:The accumulation quantity of nitrogen in the body is shown.
>
>OLI:The oxygen quantity which was accumulated in the body is shown. In Nemo Sport, it is displayed by the bar graph.
>
>PO2:It means oxygen partial pressure.(Oxygen poisoning's danger occurs when exceeding 1.6.)
>

Thank you, Larry! Reading through my new Nemo Sport manual today, I had the same question about USF.

One other thing that wasn't explained in the manual - the "profile time" which can be set at either 30 (default) or 15. Do you have any idea what this is?

That is how many seconds between dive log entries. With 15, you have more detail for each dive, but the possibility that the log will hold fewer than the maximum number of dives. I think I saw somewhere that setting it to 15 is actually recommended.

I recently bought the same computer and had similar questions. Thanks for tracking that info down!

Larry thank for taking the time to answer those questions. I'm intrigued that Mares referred it to Italy - they seemed the the obvious question to me and apparently I'm not the only one - like a couple of other posters I've bought the computer and read the manual, then wondered what changing those settings actually results in.

One question for anyone who may be able to help - is the 15/30 profile time a reference to the number of time it take a reading/re-calculates, or is it only related to the dive log?

I'm giving it a thrashing for the next few days so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. I think I've un-conservatived it, so I hope I don't spend the whole of every dive listening to it beep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom