Nemo Wide - Major Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currntly am on vacation and am using my Nemo Wide for the first time.

The computer tracks the first dive of the day perectly, but as soon as I jump into the water for the second dive, it goes into "DECO Mode" and wants we to do a deco stop at 50 ft for 8 minutes. This is impossible, since our second dive is always to a shallow reef, less than 50 ft to the bottom (and I am not diving with a shovel).

I have cleared the "DECO Stop Failure" Lockout by removing the battery (2 times) and am now running the computer in "Bottom Time Mode" 0, since I need it for depth and time - but needless to say, this is not my ultimate goal.

On one of the 2nd dives, it indicated that I had a accent rate of 92 ft/min - and I had just entered the water.

Is there anything I can do before I return home or should I just use "Bottom Time" Mode until then? Will this problem be fixable using the DRAK Interface - or will I have to send the unit back (this will be a problem, since I bought the unit during a trip overseas).

Thanks for your input.

TN, I'd PM Phil Mintz and/or Zak from mares who hang on this site. Tell them about the problems. They check regularly and most probably will get back to you quickly.

Good luck!

TN,

As you know we can't diagnose the computer via this medium. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these problems, it is extremely unusual as this computer has proven to be very reliable. I suggest being safe and not continue using your computer until you can send it in to an authorized service center. I don't think the Drak interface will correct the issues.

Mares has a worldwide warranty policy, it is irrelevant where you purchased it as long as it was purchased through an authorized Mares dealer,and you have your receipt to show proof of purchase and date when purchased. When you return to the states, take the computer to your authorized local dealer and they will help you return it to our service center for a prompt complete diagnoses and resolution to the issue.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom