Neopreme...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on my high school wrestling team and I even placed in a few ternaments!

My buddy's wife is from PA. She grew up on Throop St., pronounced troop!

I'm suprised no one through this one out yet;

INsurance vs inSURance . . .

I feel expecially frustrated when people talk about INsurance :wink:

Another: the shiny stuff is JEW-EL-RY not JEW-LER-Y.

N

Kat:
Caribbean:

Do you like to say care-a-be-an or car-rib-ean?

Neither it's
cari beee an :wink:

I always liked that song Kermit the Frog sang about being a Caribbean Amphibian.

My pet hate is people who say 'pacific', when they mean 'specific'. GRRRRR! Also, people who say 'skelington', instead of 'skeleton' and (this one seems to be getting more and more common) people who say 'pleece', when they are referring to the 'police'. Don't get me started on grocer's apostrophes (tomatoe's) as I can rant for England about those!

Please don't think that English is in any better state here than it is across the Atlantic. Even our newspapers contain very basic grammatical errors and seem to become more and more colloquial all the time; one particular newspaper refers to women 'falling' pregnant or couples 'splitting up from' each other. This makes me really crazy; given that the vast majority of people do no further reading than the newspaper, it is a very poor example. I think a lot of the deterioration is also due to the popularity of text-messaging in this country.

cheers
Rosie

A few recent posts reminded me of this - folks who say or write or type "yolk" instead of "yoke" for a non-DIN regulator (British generally use "A clamp" in their big dive magazine, which is OK with me - it doesn't get confused with a part of an egg)!

OK, my tic's subsiding again . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom