New access rules to Eagles Nest and Burford.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This seems like a reasonable step to me, especially considering the alternative.

Sounds like caves playing the stay away from "our site"... I see this blowing up in their faces..

Jim...

Rediculous comment. I have quite a few logged cave dives and wouldn't dream of attempting this dive.

There are plenty of sites open for open water diving and instruction. Something had to be done to stave off the attempts to close off this site completely.

Thanks to tj, Ken and everyone else who worked on this.

Technically, for profit activities within FWC sites is not allowed without a vendors permit. Pretty much no one has been following the rule.

In our meeting, it was agreed that this is an issue that needs to be addressed long term. It was also agreed that it could be a trimix training location as long as the other qualifications are met (full cave, 100 cave dives), but the process of getting a vendors permit still needs to be ironed out.

Excellent job TJ - Thank you and all the rest for your efforts.

The locals don't know the difference between divers with 50 cave dives or 500 cave dives.. They just see that no matter how good you are.. Diving in Eagle nest can kill you and it needs to be closed.. You guys opened that door.. I can't wait till you cave divers start calling the game warden on each other... And they start locking up the caves off the ballroom.. As the old saying goes... Watch what you ask for..

Jim..

I can't wait till you cave divers start calling the game warden on each other... And they start locking up the caves off the ballroom.. As the old saying goes... Watch what you ask for..

Jim..

Why do you care? I suggest you butt out.

Sounds like caves playing the stay away from "our site"... I see this blowing up in their faces..

The locals don't know the difference between divers with 50 cave dives or 500 cave dives.. They just see that no matter how good you are.. Diving in Eagle nest can kill you and it needs to be closed.. You guys opened that door.. I can't wait till you cave divers start calling the game warden on each other... And they start locking up the caves off the ballroom.. As the old saying goes... Watch what you ask for..
I have read these quotes several times, and I have decided that I don't understand your position. If you have a point you feel needs to be made, I hope you will explain it more thoroughly.

I have read these quotes several times, and I have decided that I don't understand your position. If you have a point you feel needs to be made, I hope you will explain it more thoroughly.
I like Jim's answer to his position
Why do you care? I suggest you butt out.

Great work to all involved in keeping EN accessible. While it's unlikely I'll make a cave dive there, good work anyway.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom