New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba:
These are outstanding first stages. No they are NOT Apeks and the parts are NOT interchangeable with Apeks so don't do it. They may look similar but they are not.

This regulator is made by a special fabricator in Italy (no we won't tell you). Suffice to say that it rivals the diaphram first stages sold by Scuba Pro and by Poseidon for performance. I probably still have 16 of them on regulators that we still use.

They have 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports and only have a 5psi IP increase when the supply pressure drops below 1250 psi.

When I was at Abyss we sold hundreds and hundreds of these. We still sell them at TDL but not at that killer price Laura has them at. The batch of regulators that Laura has came from Cochran's warehouse. They brought them in when they were developing a rebreather. I don't know how many they had but it was in the dozens not the hundreds as i recall.

They are a balanced diaprham reg, that is easy to adjust and rebuild by a qualified technician. They should have an IP set at 135 out of the bag.

I have used them with a variety of 2nd stages and all perform well. We have used tham as primary back gas regs, stage bottle regs, and as argon regs for suit inflation.

If I were you I would just scarf em up as extra 1st stages.

Cheers

Wow, been a long time... Thank you Joel for the info.

Hi Laura,

I belive the last time I saw you was in the mid 1990s getting some fills at Island Scuba / ANDI HQ on Long Island. Nice to see you here. Ping me when you get a chance we can catch up.

Cheers

Coltri Sub Ocean C 9000, AKA Ocean C 90 NR
327_25.jpg

cough

I actually know nothing about this...

I bought 4 of these from Abyss years ago and use them for primaries and the deco bottles.
Never had an issue with them.

so i presume these would be suitable for deep techie stuff if u had some decent 2nd stages??

adstaa:
so i presume these would be suitable for deep techie stuff if u had some decent 2nd stages??

What is "deep techie[sic] stuff?"

I called up Laura and she took care of me. This is a great deal and I can hardly wait until my two show up at the house.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom