New Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also just use a pair of sports socks from the neighbor athletic center or department store. Synthetic of course. We have done this since almost dive one.

Are they lycra or nylon?

Have you thought about changing from the spring straps?

I loved spring straps on my last fins. Yes, these are new fins/straps, but also new boots.

Mind you, I didn't start getting some minor sores until dive 16ish. With my old boots, I had painful sores (from walking, I think) after just 2 days.

^^^Those look nice!

Are they lycra or nylon?
I have used several brands over the years. They are usually a blend of polyester, nylon, spandex, etc. Often labeled moisture wicking or stay dry or some such and usually with some degree of advertised “compression” support. I typically take a pair for each day diving on a trip.

Originally I bought dive socks and hated that seam. But that was years ago. If I can find those Beefy Socks I may give them a try.

Actually, as a temporary measure to "save a dive" you might try Leukotape. It does not come off when wet like moleskin, bandaids etc. Hikers use it to stop hot spots. It stays on even with sweaty feet. A friend recently got a toe rub and I lent him a piece. He wrapped his toe. 4 days later at 4 dives a day it was still on and he was able to enjoy the diving. As soon as you start to feel the rub, apply it like a bandaid, and it will stop the rub and make all the difference in the world.

41driz7DxzL._AC_US218_.jpg

Hope this helps

Bill

Back
Top Bottom