New Club Proposal: Venice Fossil Divers

Should a "Venice Fossil Diver" club be started?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Colin, ole buddy, I was just thinking of you and your great leadership qualities and vast fossiling experience. Would you be interested in the club host position?

While we're at it.....
Keys
Miami
Jupiter
West Palm\Boynton
Jacksonville
Gainesville\Springs

Each with their own specialized and distinct niche of diving persona. Did I leave anyone out....? Sorry, I don't want to exclude anyone from having their own personalized nugget of cyberspace....

We have too many forums, too many boards, too much overlap, too much isolation as it is... I mean how hard is it to hit search, type "venice AND shark AND tooth".

Just because you can create a folder and put 10,000 folders in it, and recursively down the line...., dosn't mean you should....
If any of those groups are interested in having a forum, they can follow the process this forum request is being done...

It has nothing to do with isolation, or the difficulty of a search. It has to do with enough board MEMBERS wanting a logical place to find and discuss the things they find interesting or important. It is not hard to add an entire area to your "User CP". It tends to take people to logical locations and information pertinent to their desired wants...

You don't like it, and everyone has heard it in the past. I can respect that. It was decided more than a year ago, what needed to be done and how it needed to be done.

To keep bringing up the same argument that hasn't held up before, is neither productive nor counter productive. It is just a waste of everyone's time

To keep bringing up the same argument that didn't hold up the first, second or any other time is not productive, or counter productive. It is just a waste of everyone's time

It's a vote, opinions were solicited... Just because I disagree with you, or as it appears the vast majority here, does that mean I don't have a voice...?

Nice attempt at democracy Jim... Enjoy fossilizing...

-Tim

It's a vote, opinions were solicited... Just because I disagree with you, or as it appears the vast majority here, does that mean I don't have a voice...?

Nice attempt at democracy Jim... Enjoy fossilizing...

-Tim
It has nothing to do with democracy, or me. I have nothing to gain or lose in this situation.

Having a voice is one thing, playing the same recording over and over gets tiresome

The purpose in creating the Venice Fossil Diver group was two fold. First to give the fossil divers a place of their own, and secondly to try and reduce the discontent. To that end, I respect both of your opinions, but let's not highjack the thread with them. We have the required number of supporters, this is going to happen.......get over it and move on!

Hi Colin, ole buddy, I was just thinking of you and your great leadership qualities and vast fossiling experience. Would you be interested in the club host position?

I think Colin would make a great host! Although I dive Venice often, I am in no way an expert. I think Colin, Reefguy, 2thdivr & Fossilbabe are the experts.:wink:

Dana, your name was mentioned also....you're on the short list, LOL

Mote, Mote,

Read the above post. I am not an expert.:no: Everything I know about Venice, I learned from those guys.:wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom