New Club Proposal: Venice Fossil Divers

Should a "Venice Fossil Diver" club be started?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dana, you're active diving Venice and you're active on the board. That's all it takes. You don't have to be a fossil expert.

Dana, you're active diving Venice and you're active on the board. That's all it takes. You don't have to be a fossil expert.

Absolutely! As long as you have some regular time to dedicate to the forum, you are good to go.

Additionally, I don't know that Colin really has the time to take on another project and be able to keep up with it.

Speaking of which, I've been asking since February '08 :shocked: for the links to be corrected in the "dive spots" sticky that is mentioned in this post: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4005411-post85.html

Whoa pony,

My computer skills aren't that great either. Mike, you were talking about posting Reefguy's fossil finding guide in the forum. I don't have a clue how to do that. Nor do I even know how to post a picture.:shakehead: As a matter of fact, I don't even know what a host does.:confused:

It is not hard to add an entire area to your "User CP". It tends to take people to logical locations and information pertinent to their desired wants...

I have agree with Jim here. Set-up your search function so you filter the board to get (only) what you're interested in.
I have a bookmark that gives all the posts for the last three days and I have my search preferences set-up so I *only* get the posts from the sections of the board that are relevant to me. :)

I find it interesting and rather surprising that even though creating the "Venice Fossil Divers" has as much support as it does, no one seems to be interested in volunteering to be club host. It was my hope that once things were started and rolling, one of the more vocal proponents would step up to the plate. Volunteers are needed. So far two people have declined and one has abstained. I would hate to see this derailed due to lack of leadership.

MoteMan:
I would hate to see this derailed due to lack of leadership.

So would I. I just received a very nice PM from Pete indicating that he would recuse himself from any decisions concerning me. With that in mind, I'll be happy to help in any way I can, including being a host.

Wonderful...Thanks Walter. watch how fast things happen.

Mike

So would I. I just received a very nice PM from Pete indicating that he would recuse himself from any decisions concerning me. With that in mind, I'll be happy to help in any way I can, including being a host.

Yeah Walter!:D I was backing away from this because I truely do not know what a host is supposed to do but, know this, I will help you in anyway I can. Ya just gotta let me know what it is ya want me to do.:wink:

Mote, Mote,

Read the above post. I am not an expert.:no: Everything I know about Venice, I learned from those guys.:wink:
I'm flattered! Never considered myself an expert of the area, just experienced enough to give some educated information to help others and love diving this little beach dive in search of prehistoric (sometimes modern) treasures! :)

Well, lets have fun filling this forum with great information, stories, upcoming events and dreams for those who have never been! :)

MissD - Totally.. been very busy with non-diving things, but some of those other things are getting to be less needed as some costs are dropping (thank GOD!).. its got me very off balance and I'm looking forward to being more active on the board and water again! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom