New Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anybody tell me why Aqualung restricts their Conshelf XIV regulators to military and commercial company sales only? IMO it's the best single hose reg ever made and I would love to get a new one.

Can anybody tell me why Aqualung restricts their Conshelf XIV regulators to military and commercial company sales only? IMO it's the best single hose reg ever made and I would love to get a new one.

While I am not an Aqua Lung dealer, I would be shocked to learn that any dealer cannot order a Conshelf XIV if it is in the catalog. I would love to hear from Aqua Lung dealers that have experience.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Wow. Be nice to get some Navy Department paperwork and paraphernalia with it. The wraparound has the same restrictions. I bought one through an aqualung dealer in 2003. Came from The States for $150AUD.

From memory the catalog price for the 14 was getting close to $600 a few years ago.
You could buy 10 sets off eBay for this price.
The only difference between an "old" 14 and a "new" 14 is the 2nd stage uses the 21/se2 exhaust T.

......I scored 2 brand new 14 seconds off eBay 6 months ago....$70 shipped, so bargains can be found.

From memory the catalog price for the 14 was getting close to $600 a few years ago.
You could buy 10 sets off eBay for this price.
The only difference between an "old" 14 and a "new" 14 is the 2nd stage uses the 21/se2 exhaust T.
That, and it has a port so you can adjust the lever the same way as a 21. The old ones are kind of a pain to adjust without the service port. Here's a pic showing the port.

P1010524.jpg

......I scored 2 brand new 14 seconds off eBay 6 months ago....$70 shipped, so bargains can be found.

You can still find the new XIV on E-Bay from time to time. I bought one a few years back that is supposed to be NIB. I think it is, but have no real proof. Is yours the new version, or the older model XIV?

Here's my new one and my old one I bought around 1980.

P1010529.jpg

The two I recently acquired on eBay are of the newer type with the side port and soft rubber exhaust T.
I actually prefer the old wide outlet exhaust T....btw yours is upside down.

Old metal USD 2nd stages are really quite common as they came coupled with the Aquarius I even have one marked UDS 1 on the purge (came with the yellow triple rebreather looking thing).

I don't have any NIB like yours.

The two I recently acquired on eBay are of the newer type with the side port and soft rubber exhaust T.
I actually prefer the old wide outlet exhaust T....btw yours is upside down.
I've had it both ways. It pretty much will go either way. I never liked the ridge under my lip, so I reversed it.

Old metal USD 2nd stages are really quite common as they came coupled with the Aquarius I even have one marked UDS 1 on the purge (came with the yellow triple rebreather looking thing).

I don't have any NIB like yours.
My 1st reg was an aquarius. I sold it to buy the conshelf. And you're right, they also came on the Calypso regs. But I've never seen the "yellow triple rebreather looking thing". Got any pics.

Back
Top Bottom