NEW DIVE SHOP in Central AUSTIN???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Nicco, do you think you can limit Jamie's naked dancing to a particular day of the week so we will know when it is safe to come by? It sounds like it is helping attract more female customers which is definitely a plus, but the rest of us need a little warning.

~Jess

This is Austin, and Jamie is tall and blonde, so you'd better watch what kind of customers he's drawing in...

Oh dear! Hopefully this crazy decisions will only be made in the off hours and not during business hours! Otherwise, we all may be getting more than we bargained for! : P

Jamie is going to have serious competition from Glen McFarland and his banana-hammock swim suits if Royal Scuba allows him to return for an encore. It was not a pretty site, but he would hang around the pool like a freakin' pool boy showing off his "stuff" while the Hyde Park women would have their "social exercise" time in the pool. I never could figure out what his role was in the evening but I made it a point to leave early when the show began.

:coffee:
Now we know Royal Scuba is moving to 4403 Guadalupe and getting the big pool, what's going on with the other shops?

Q: Does anybody know if George Peel and Clearwater Divers are doing any better, or are they still on life-support?

Q: Is Dutton and Deep Blue Scuba back up and running after his head injury from the tank valve, and the 2-year-old certification newsstory?

Q: When I was diving Mansfield a couple of months ago, rumors about Mike Nickells and AquaSports opening up again were circulating . . . what's going on with Mike?

Q: What ever happened between Mike and Glenn? Did Glenn get his stuff back?

Does anyone have any answers or opinions?
:coffee:

Q: Does anybody know if George Peel and Clearwater Divers are doing any better, or are they still on life-support?
Well george is off in Honduras so I wouldn't expect a whole lot from the shop unless he sells it: G&G's Clearwater Paradise

Q: Is Dutton and Deep Blue Scuba back up and running after his head injury from the tank valve, and the 2-year-old certification newsstory?
I hope not

Q: When I was diving Mansfield a couple of months ago, rumors about Mike Nickells and AquaSports opening up again were circulating . . . what's going on with Mike?
Last rumor I heard was that he was done looking for a new shop and was moving someplace with better diving. Now that Royal Scuba has moved into the old aqua sports location maybe he can move in to the old Royal Scuba location.... :)

~Jess

Last rumor I heard was Mike did some time, but for sure was out in time for Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup. I would imagine he has tarnished his image in the industry enough to where he can't expect to open up shop for a good while.

Are you an instructor at Royal Scuba ? ?

If not, which shop do you teach out of??

BSG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom