New Dive Truck Rental Option in Bonaire: Ultimate Dive Trucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My husband and I formerly from Colorado, but recently made Bonaire our home.
We are industry professionals and own 2 dive related businesses:
www.TheScubaDuo.com (that is our private dive guiding business but we also do private PADI courses, too).

And our newest business: www.UltimateDiveTrucks.com

When we first moved to Bonaire, we did our shore diving out of the back of a small sized pick up truck like most people do when diving in Bonaire. It got the job done.
However, it didn't take us long to decide that we wanted something a little nicer to for ourselves....that caused my husband (the engineer mind) to have some sleepless nights while designing the Patent Pending "Ultimate Dive Truck."

I guess our idea was that if we wanted something nicer....we may not be the only ones.

WARNING: We are not the dive rental truck for those who are happy with the current offering.
If you like the smaller model trucks and setting up your gear in the back of a tailgate....please, continue to rent that option.

However, if you have dreamed of a higher quality shore diving experience...you may want to consider Ultimate Dive Trucks the next time you are in Bonaire...or refer us to someone that is coming to Bonaire.

Disclaimer:
Although this FORD F150 is a SuperCab (doors open suicide style) the legroom is 2 inches deeper than the standard 4 door offering of the small sized pick ups that are traditionally used: HILUX etc.

AMENITIES: We have secure locking storage (think: wallets, cash, cell phones), shower sprayer with 8 gallon reservoir, Food/Beverage Cooler, 2 rubber mats provided (step on this intsead of the sand when putting on wetsuit and removing wetsuit), 4 rubber buckets provided (place gear neatly into these), individual diver set up stations (no more gear set up on the tailgate...see video on our website), 12 upright tank capacity, and lastly, automatic transmission and AC.

Looks nice

As it is now, it looks like it is difficult to put on your gear at the tank well. Do you have to carry the gear to the back of the truck to put it on or is the bottom of the well wide enough to sit down and put your tank on.

As it is now, it looks like it is difficult to put on your gear at the tank well. Do you have to carry the gear to the back of the truck to put it on or is the bottom of the well wide enough to sit down and put your tank on.

We are continuing to add to our videos on the website to show exactly these details.
We just finished "the Ultimate Overview" that will be uploaded this evening.
It is sort of an Interview Style walk through the truck.

As for the gear set up. You do not need the tailgate for this. The set up stations are perfect for this and you literally put the BCD on the tanks (secured by the roll control as if on a boat) and then you put you BCD on by backing up to the station. Once BCD is clipped and secured on your body...you lean forward and the BCD releases from the Roll control clip. It is a much safer way to secure your equipment without risk of injury to yourself or your expensive gear..

www.UltimateDiveTrucks.com for the most up to date videos and information.

Thanks so much,

Stacy

The tank wells on the side look low. Would some people have to do a deep knee bend to strap themselves in? Maybe the next video will show the tall guy in the blue shirt putting a bcd on.

If you are still in the development / improvement phase and are open to suggestions: A folding step or miniature tailgate in front of each well could provide some place to sit while donning / doffing gear and be out of the way as well as preserving the advantages of your existing design.

I think you might, if you haven’t already, also contact some of the places that package lodging, tanks, and vehicles. I would pay more than a standard vehicle, but we usually get a package and have no choice in the vehicle.

The times we did not get a vehicle package and rented the vehicle separately was because we needed an automatic transmission.

When I went to Bonaire I was told don't lock the truck because the thieves will break into it so leave it open and leave the valuables at home or hide them.

With your truck I see a potential issue that the thieves will pry open the locker. I mean, why not? If they'll break a window they'll take a crowbar to a locker door.

Yes, I'm curious too about how the secure storage works.

Otherwise, I'm impressed.

Now it just needs a fold out sun shade with some little stools for when enjoying our wonderful lunch :wink:

Yes, I'm curious too about how the secure storage works.

Otherwise, I'm impressed.

Now it just needs a fold out sun shade with some little stools for when enjoying our wonderful lunch :wink:

I’m picturing something similar to the secure storage device that I have in my truck. I will say that they’re smart to not post specifics on the make of the storage compartment, how it works, etc.

They’re designed to deter any “smash and grab” thief and all but the most determined “I have power tools and I’m not worried about hanging out and making a scene until the cops show up” thief.

Having mounted mine...as I alluded to above...the only way someone is getting to your valuables is with: 1. A copy of the key, or 2. Going ‘Wreck it Ralph’ on your truck.

When I went to Bonaire I was told don't lock the truck because the thieves will break into it so leave it open and leave the valuables at home or hide them.

With your truck I see a potential issue that the thieves will pry open the locker. I mean, why not? If they'll break a window they'll take a crowbar to a locker door.

due to the specifics in the design (which we will not reveal), it would take pretty sophisticated tools (more than a crow bar, plus a lot of time).....therefore it is no longer what we call "a quick crime of opportunity."

We have been using this truck personally for the past month, taking well over 60 minute dives, and leaving numerous valuables in the locking compartments (cash, camera's, cell phones etc).

We still recommend leaving windows down so that people don't have a reason to break the glass, thinking something may be inside of value.

Thanks for your interaction with our post and invention!

Back
Top Bottom